• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The OC Friendly List-Treasure Valley

ecocks

imported post

Northern Lights is in Karcher at the eastern end, backside. they have their own entrance/exit from the outside or can be entered from inside the mall until closing time.

Looked much more comfortablewith more complete food and bevs. I'll be going back to catch a cheap movie or two in the next week or so.

None2Slow

imported post

Northen lights is a dinner and a movie type of place. You order your foor and then they bring it to you while the movie is playing. You sit in regular theater chairs but the row in front of you has been removed for the table. After 4pm, Minors are not allowed. The food is pretty good and the prices are very good, especially when compared to regular movie theaters. For my wife, sister in law and myself it was about $24 to eat with soda. The movies may be second run, but I think they are still newer then the Reel.

ecocks

imported post

I want to see Lightning Thief and Shutter Island which are both on the list.

How was the food there?

ISRAEL

imported post

Porter N did you came to the pic nic? I am bad a names, but not faces, I can not see you face in your picture, Hope to see you at the next meeting.

Porter N

imported post

I'm bummed I couldn't make it to the picnic. I had bronchitis last week, and I've passed it on to wife and baby... We stayed home all weekend. I do hope to make it out to something here before I move in June.

ecocks

imported post

Check the schedule or just toss out a couple of dates or times and suggested locations.

IndianaBoy79

imported post

Apparently there has been some trouble with Kroger out east (They are Fred Meyer here). I sent an email to the Kroger website, and this is what I got in response.

Dear **********

Thank you for your inquiry.

Fred Meyer has stores in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington. All four states allow for open carry with some restrictions to jails, courthouses, airports, schools, etc, but have no restrictions to other public places.

Our current policy is that we follow state law and allow open carry of a firearm.

Sincerely,

Patricia Ann Robb
Consumer Affairs

Reference: 8986048
[/code]

DocWalker

imported post

Just a quick note since I have not been on the website in a while and either carry concealed when not working or carrying my service pistol in my issued holster along with all the other items (OC spray, ASP, Handcuffs....ect). But with the weather getting better I have started to open carry more and more. I went into the Best Buy and overheard a male employee tell a female employee "crap he has a gun". I looked up in time for her to say to him "duh it is his right and if he was a criminal do you think it would be in a holster and in plain site; if he is not a cop he is probably a LAW ABIDING Citizen and I for one feel safer". Then she came over to my wife and me and thanked me for open carrying and we started talking about guns. Either she was genuine or a good sales person because I ended up spending over $1000.00. So Shop at Best Buy. I also have not had trouble anywhere I have been in Boise or surrounding towns.