• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The ONLY way to TRULY "open carry" in Mississippi...

bigun220

...and you attach the zip lock bag to???

I'm not trying to say this is a practical method to open carry. Just throwing the idea out there. I would not think that a pistol in a gallon zip lock bag with the hand grabbing the top of the bag is concealing it in part. Again its just an idea and probably not a practical one. It seems the law can only go so far before it runs afoul with the constitution.

Daylen

I'm not trying to say this is a practical method to open carry. Just throwing the idea out there. I would not think that a pistol in a gallon zip lock bag with the hand grabbing the top of the bag is concealing it in part. Again its just an idea and probably not a practical one. It seems the law can only go so far before it runs afoul with the constitution.

Your line of reasoning is highly flawed. If a holster makes a handgun concealed, even when the handgun is visible to plain view, and a piece of cord does the same, then a person's own body would have to be considered to be concealing the handgun, because it blocks the view for some angles, and a person's hand would also conceal a handgun. This would clearly invalidate the entire purpose of the constitutional protection on carrying arms. Thus it is absolutely wrong. Why do you and others keep obsessing about this clearly flawed, unsupported, and unrecognized (by any govt officials) line of reasoning? Do you want to be required to ask permission to bear arms?

georg jetson

Got it!!! Carry a gun like a gold fish!! LOL!!! Perhaps rotating the bag at a sufficient speed to give the ILLUSION that the ENTIRE thing is OPENLY CARRIED. Ok... that's funny enough... :p

Now all kidding aside, you Mississippians need to get your SHTUFF straight. Quit with this goofy crap and get busy. You've got 3 choices... pick one and DO IT!!!

bigun220

Got it!!! Carry a gun like a gold fish!! LOL!!! Perhaps rotating the bag at a sufficient speed to give the ILLUSION that the ENTIRE thing is OPENLY CARRIED. Ok... that's funny enough... :p

Now all kidding aside, you Mississippians need to get your SHTUFF straight. Quit with this goofy crap and get busy. You've got 3 choices... pick one and DO IT!!!
Glad someone found some humor in it. lol.

Once the next session starts in January, i think we can convince the legislature to pass an open carry bill. Ive been writing my senators and reps.

Daylen

Glad someone found some humor in it. lol.

Once the next session starts in January, i think we can convince the legislature to pass an open carry bill. Ive been writing my senators and reps.

Perhaps I was too dry, I didn't realize you were joking.

I really hope you mean a bill to clarify and homogenize the MS code with the MS constitution; and indicate such in your letters. I'd hate for the legislature to get the idea that they can regulate carry other than concealed.