• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Open Carry Report

We-the-People

So that's what they did with her! LOL

Going out on a "first date" in a bit....and yes, I OC everywhere.....we shall see. It does help eliminate the "non keepers" that are anti.

VW_Factor

On a lighter note.

OC'ed into one of the many local quick markets around here for a 6 pack. I go there quite often, usually during my work hours(CC), so the clerk knows me quite well. Didn't really seem to notice or care.

Stopped in again this evening for a cigar. This evening he did take notice of my sidearm, and asked where I worked. I informed him casually, and then he asked then why was it that I carried.

Without going into specifics, I explained to him about my wife and I's experience in California and being attacked, and that we've been carrying since.

Had our usual banter, and went about my evening. :)

We-the-People

Last night, headed down to the corner market (3 miles out here in the boonies). Walk in and the guy stocking shelves says "hey, you can't have that firearm in here"....then he starts laughing and saying "nah, I just know how sensitive you are about it".

I just told him, hey, if the manager says no guns then I don't spend any money and the owner gets a letter informing him that "here we go again".....this one store put up "no guns" signs last hunting season because someone on their way to hunting camp came in OC and bought a case of beer. The "animal loving" manager didn't like that and put up a handwritten sign....two days later it was down "by order of the owner" due to a massive influx of complaints.

Teddybearfrmhell

Last night, headed down to the corner market (3 miles out here in the boonies). Walk in and the guy stocking shelves says "hey, you can't have that firearm in here"....then he starts laughing and saying "nah, I just know how sensitive you are about it".

was in raineys corner mkt yesterday, the guy stocking the shelves never saw my pistol, he was too busy checking out the girlfriends chest.....

Last edited:

We-the-People

I was at the Bi-Mor, not Rainey's. Only thing ever said to me at Rainey's was a customer quite some time back who said "we don't do that here, it's disrespectful".....WTF?

I've carried daily since 2001, first CC in Cali then OR, OC only since Aug 2009 here in OR and the NLY problems or contact I've ever had has been non LEO citizens. Only a few of them have been non supportive. Only two businesses have denied me entry (one of which changed within a week due to the owner overriding the manager). Rogue Valley Mall remains on my "do not shop there" list.

We-the-People

Oh yeah....the ongoing hassle with Rogue Community College.

Last "encounter"...last week of school.

Security: "Where's your gun" (while pointing to my empty belt holster)
Me: "In my shoulder holster"

This causes security to look intently at my jacket to determine if I'm wearing a shoulder holster.

Security: "Are you wearing it"
Me: "I'll neither confirm nor deny that".

They weren't real happy but didn't push the issue.

NOTE: My shoulder holster DID have a S&W 9mm in it....safely secured in my firearms safe at home. My carry weapon is the FN 5.7

We-the-People

I'm down in Cali visiting relatives but just got a heads up that an OCer was detained in OR...Blue Lake Regional Park where ever that is. He was released after what sounds like an unlawful detention. JUST finding out so I'll check the rest of the board and when I get home I should be able to get more info.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
OCed with my fiancee in Corvallis from my place to the hardware store downtown, then Safeway for a couple of things, then Dari Mart for ice cream. Nobody seemed to notice or care.

Dogbait

Carried while on a bike ride with friend yesterday. We hit spring water trail, went up Powell Butte and headed through downtown Gresham. Got occasional looks but nothing serious. Was a beautiful day :)

Sent from my PC36100

Last edited:

bigtoe416

Walked to American Dream Pizza in downtown Corvallis with my fiancee tonight while carrying. We had the "Bike-E" pizza (with delicious herb olive oil on it) while sitting in the middle of the restaurant. Lots of families around, nobody seemed to notice. One worker there did ask me about my Zombie Squad t-shirt that I was wearing though. The walk back home was also uneventful.

bigtoe416

Walked to the First Alternative Co-op to pick up a couple of things. Carried my usual Glock 22 in a Serpa holster. Uneventful.

bigtoe416

Carried all day yesterday in Corvallis (for the first time ever). Started the day off with some open carry garbage pickup around my neighborhood since I'm a dirty environmentalist, seeing trash bugs me, and as a hat-tip to Dave Ridley in NH who got me interested in OC. Filled up a bag of trash and returned home where my landlord thanked me for cleaning up the neighborhood. After that went to the farmer's market downtown with my fiancee, bought some delicious raspberries and strawberries and a few other things. After eating some lunch we went down to ABG guns to see what they had for her in terms of a concealable firearm that she liked. We returned home for a while then ventured out to the Indian grocery store so we could attempt to make Indian food (turned out pretty good). Stopped by Market of Choice across the street for some last few things and then headed home.

The only mention of the sidearm came from a guy outside the Indian grocery store who asked if I was a cop. I told him no and said anybody can carry and handed him a flyer, but I think my delivery sucked since he shook his head in the negative. I need to work on selling the idea in a few seconds.

Dogbait

Carrying at Detroit Lake State Park for several days. If you don't hear from me, I probably got lost in the lake of beautiful ladies. :banana: :D

Last edited:

Cremator75

Carrying at Detroit Lake State Park for several days. If you don't hear from me, I probably got lost in the lake of beautiful ladies. :banana: :D

I was there for 4th of July and noticed all their signs were still incorrect. I already notified the state parks service and was told they would get the stickers with the new wording up as soon as possible. Take a look and see if the firearms portion of the signs have a sticker over them or if it still says possession is not allowed.

Dogbait

I was there for 4th of July and noticed all their signs were still incorrect. I already notified the state parks service and was told they would get the stickers with the new wording up as soon as possible. Take a look and see if the firearms portion of the signs have a sticker over them or if it still says possession is not allowed.

Funny that you mention it. I actually was looking at the rules sign when we were checking in. They placed a sticker covering the old part. :) it only covers the discharging of firearms now

Sent from my HTC EVO

Cremator75

Nice, I guess you just need to tell the right people and things actually get done. There are at least 5 of those signs around the park. None had the stickers there on the 4th. If you walk around look at them all. If they're not done I'll send another email.

Last edited:

We-the-People

Ummmm what happened to the fiance?

Those stickers were supposed to have been addressed on all state parks like 2 years ago. I guess they only go out to the parks and up when someone calls them on it. At least it seems like they do take care of them when they're contacted.

Dogbait

Ummmm what happened to the fiance?

Those stickers were supposed to have been addressed on all state parks like 2 years ago. I guess they only go out to the parks and up when someone calls them on it. At least it seems like they do take care of them when they're contacted.

Fiance? Must be some other lucky guy you're thinking of ;)

I'll walk around one of these days and check the remaining signs. I think the boat docks each have a sign, where are the other ones?

Sent from my HTC EVO

Last edited: