• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The other side of the Carry At Gunshows question

Mr. Y

Super Secret Squirrel Bunker, Virginia, USA
imported post

caveat emptor and all that.

If you know what you're looking for and what the market will bear for any particular item, you can score a bargain. Particularly at the Dulles show because there are a plethora of vendors to choose from. From time to time you will run across a bargain you simply cannot beat by gunbroker / transfer, or local shop. Other times you cango and not find a single item you can't get cheaper on the 'net or at a local shop. I'd say it's cyclical, but I haven't been able to determine what the pattern is.

So, do a little pre-show homework and figure out what you should be paying first.

Same goes for ammo, reloading supplies,etc. Back before the run on ammo came into full "horde" mode, I scored some huges deals on mil-surp ammo, and some other stuff too. I actually half filled the bed of my truck with ammo cases. Alas... Not any more.

Good luck, maybe you'll find something there.