• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The right to remain silent

swine

imported post

eye95 wrote:
swine wrote:
eye95 wrote:
You have got to get out of that fantasy world you live in. If you really think that what you voluntarily say "may not be used against you," go down to your local police station and tell them that you pulled a knife on your local theater workers and threatened them. See if they won't use that statement against you.

You need to accept that there is a difference between the way you want the world to be and the way it really is.
Yes, I agree that there is a difference, and I am aware of that difference. But if I ever find myself subject to an inquisition of the kinds we are discussing here, and I feel that my 5th Amendment rights are being violated, I would welcome that opportunity to defend my percieved rights in a court of law. I would probably lose, but I would welcome the opportunity to make my case that the 5th Amendment prohibits the use of my testimony in a trial against me. My option in such a trial if I want to be convicted is to plead guilty. Otherwise nothing I say can be used against me and I would like to have the opportunity to make that case, although, I probably wouldn't go out of my way to commit a crime just to prove that point.
Probably? PROBABLY???

Actually, considering that you have already admitted on this board to committing the crime of assault, I guess that we should not be surprised.
Yeah, 'probably'. Can you swear you would never in the future do anything illegal to make a point, like a 'sit in' or something? I doubt I ever would, but you never know.

And BTW, just to set the record straight. I never admitted to committing the cirme of assault. I was accosted (not assaulted) by a theater manager's goons attempting to remove me involuntarily from a movie theater simply for being there, not for doing anything disruptive, and I opened a thumb sized pen knife and held it in my lap. I assaulted no one and I was not then, nor have I ever before been, charged with a crime of any kind. I have no criminal record at all.

For those on this thread who don't understand why somebody like eye95 would make a false accusation like this, I can report that he is most likely angry at me for things I said on another thread. He started a debate and he feels that I 'wussed out' on it.

eye95

imported post

I will definitely go out of my way to avoid committing a crime. Not probably. That's a promise. But, then again, although I regularly carry a firearm on my hip, I am not the type of person to pull a pen-knife over theater tickets!

swine

imported post

eye95 wrote:
I will definitely go out of my way to avoid committing a crime. Not probably. That's a promise. But, then again, although I regularly carry a firearm on my hip, I am not the type of person to pull a pen-knife over theater tickets!

Yeah, but what you never did say what you would have done in a similar situation, maybe not attending a second movie on one ticket, but if, for example you felt you were there legitimately, you didn't say what you would have done with your gun on your hip, or what the theater manager would have done if she'd seen you with a gun on your hip. In the particular theater that I was attending with about 30 school children there on a field trip, I firmly believe the theater manager would have called the SWAT team who would have handled it as a hostage situation.

Having said that, I don't think this discussion belongs in this thread, but if you insist on bringing the matter here, I have no choice but to respond in kind.

swine

imported post

buster81 wrote:
The countdown is on until the next fictional anecdote.
San Francisco Police Department case number 100371969. Look it up. It'spublic record.

Brimstone Baritone

imported post

buster81 wrote:
swine wrote:
buster81 wrote:
San Francisco Police Department case number 100371969. Look it up. It'spublic record.
No thanks.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You called him a liar, and when he provides a cite you say "no thanks".

This has got to be the most entertaining message board I have ever joined.

buster81

imported post

mcdonalk wrote:
buster81 wrote:
swine wrote:
buster81 wrote:
No thanks.

I didn't call him a liar with that statement. I wonder why he wouldassume it was directed at him??? I said it was only a matter of time until another fictional story. Why don't you go look up his case, and see if it verifies his entire life sob story about his mistreatment in the military, his european vacation, his memory problems,his weekly trips to a psychiatrist, his supposed instantaneous police arrival after his wife hit the panic button, his claimed previous employment at the treasury, his current employment at the library, or any of his other nonsense completely unrelated to OC and his fear of guns. I'll take a pass.

swine

imported post

buster81 wrote:
mcdonalk wrote:
buster81 wrote:
swine wrote:
buster81 wrote:
No thanks.

I didn't call him a liar with that statement. I wonder why he wouldassume it was directed at him??? I said it was only a matter of time until another fictional story. Why don't you go look up his case, and see if it verifies his entire life sob story about his mistreatment in the military, his european vacation, his memory problems,his weekly trips to a psychiatrist, his supposed instantaneous police arrival after his wife hit the panic button, his claimed previous employment at the treasury, his current employment at the library, or any of his other nonsense completely unrelated to OC and his fear of guns. I'll take a pass.

Wow! You're right. I should write a book. I guess I've lead a a prettyinteresting life if you think that's all fiction. PS - it wasn't the Treasury, it was the Federal Reserve Bank.

Although what all this has to do with the right to remain silent I'm not too sure about.

WAIT! I get it! You want ME to remain silent so you can drivel on about gun rights without any negative feedback. Now I get it.

swine

imported post

buster81 wrote:
swine wrote:
Although what all this has to do with the right to remain silent I'm not too sure about.
It has nothing to do with OC. Get it?
No, I don't get it. All the info I posted in various threads that you summarized was in response to the commentary or questions of other members that was and is pertinent to OC. You know that of course, but others who might be reading your scurrilous accusations might not know that. All they have to do though, to get the full story, is check out the longest running threads on this site.

buster81

imported post

swine wrote:
buster81 wrote:
swine wrote:
No, I don't get it. All the info I posted in various threads that you summarized was in response to the commentary or questions of other members that was and is pertinent to OC. You know that of course, but others who might be reading your scurrilous accusations might not know that. All they have to do though, to get the full story, is check out the longest running threads on this site.
Right. Thestory about your european vacation and game of tickle me Elmo really added to your argument that we should not be allowed to open carry guns.And the bit about whipping out your knife after trying to steal from the theater really showed us how dangerous guns are. Way to go.

You are right about one thing though, all should read your postings and judge for themselves just what type of person you are. You proved it several times.

swine

imported post

buster81 wrote:
swine wrote:
buster81 wrote:
swine wrote:
Right. Thestory about your european vacation Which as you know was my way of describing my tour of duty in the US Army in Germany during the Viet Nam era after I was accused of not doing my share to defend this country. and game of tickle me Elmo Find any references to 'Elmo' from me if you can, gasbag really added to your argument that we should not be allowed to open carry guns.And the bit about whipping out your knife instead of my 'gun' which you would have done if you'd have been in my position after trying to steal which is to say 'demand' what I'd paid for from the theater really showed us how dangerous guns are unlike lying through your teeth to slander people whose opinions you don't happen to agree with as you seem want to do. Way to go. Way to go is right, gasbag!

You are right about one thing though, all should read your postings and judge for themselves just what type of person you are. You proved it several times.