• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Second Amendment Comes Before the Supreme Court: The Issues and the Arguments. Nelson Lund,Ph.D

DopaVash

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Listen guy, some of us live in the real world and not this mystic dream you seem to think life is. I understand, and even enjoy, some of the abstract philosphies that have been published by people over the years, but in your life it seems that this type of thought has completely invaded your decision making process.

I'd write a drawn out explanation of my thoughts on the subject but in the conservation of my time and effort, I'll simply say this: Get a life.

iamfreeru2

imported post

I am not quite sure how to use your forum and I am new here as well, but I have to agree with rentiap. You guys really need to look up words you are using, like person. Do you know what the word person means in law. Under statute it means, labor organizations partnerships associations, corporations, legal representatives, trustees among others. I am not a person under statute. I am created by God and have been "ndowed with certain unalienable rights." Did government give me those rights or is it the duty of government to protect those rights according to the contract (Constitution) they are bound to uphold (Oath of Office)? The Constitution for these united states of America is not a limitation on people. People do not have constitutional rights, as the Constitution bestowed nothing on the people.

Like rentiap, I am a man upon the land. Government did not create me and I am not a legal fiction. That is reserved for persons aka as artificial entities/legal fictions.

Now the 14th Amendment did create subject citizens. Take a look at section 1 of the Amendment.

1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

I do not know about the rest of you, but I am no "person" born in the United States, nor am I subject to its jurisdiction. The 2nd Amendment confers upon me no rights. The right to carry is an unalienable right that I have been endowed with by my Creator.

If the Constitution has given me rights then why the need for the Nintth Amendment?

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

I have to tell you. You guys on this forum really need to do more research and study on thses issues. One of the reasons this country is in the mess that it is is because people have lost sight of why this great nation was created. It was not created so the government could rule ruff shod over the people and usurp the authority it was given by the People. Government is our servant, not the other way around.

That is my two cents.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

rentiap wrote:
SNIP Well I am trying to work with you, But you keep trying to put words or meanings to something that does not exist.

OK. Lets start over.

You originally wrote:

Greetings;
Will somebody PLEASE show me where in the second amendment does it say that citizens have the right to bear arms?

I Love you, I'm sorry, Please forgive me, Thank you.
Craig.

It doesn't; its says peoplehave a right to keep and bear arms.Next question.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

iamfreeru2 wrote:
I am not quite sure how to use your forum and I am new here as well, but I have to agree with rentiap. You guys really need to look up words you are using, like person. Do you know what the word person means in law. Under statute it means, labor organizations partnerships associations, corporations, legal representatives, trustees among others. I am not a person under statute. I am created by God and have been "ndowed with certain unalienable rights." Did government give me those rights or is it the duty of government to protect those rights according to the contract (Constitution) they are bound to uphold (Oath of Office)? The Constitution for these united states of America is not a limitation on people. People do not have constitutional rights, as the Constitution bestowed nothing on the people.

Like rentiap, I am a man upon the land. Government did not create me and I am not a legal fiction. That is reserved for persons aka as artificial entities/legal fictions.

Now the 14th Amendment did create subject citizens. Take a look at section 1 of the Amendment.

1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

I do not know about the rest of you, but I am no "person" born in the United States, nor am I subject to its jurisdiction. The 2nd Amendment confers upon me no rights. The right to carry is an unalienable right that I have been endowed with by my Creator.

If the Constitution has given me rights then why the need for the Nintth Amendment?

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

I have to tell you. You guys on this forum really need to do more research and study on thses issues. One of the reasons this country is in the mess that it is is because people have lost sight of why this great nation was created. It was not created so the government could rule ruff shod over the people and usurp the authority it was given by the People. Government is our servant, not the other way around.

That is my two cents.
"labor organizations partnerships associations"

I am quite certain such a thing as the above cannot exist, but I could possibly be wrong. I suspect what you meant was,

"labor organizations, partnerships, associations"

Left out the commas.

iamfreeru2

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
iamfreeru2 wrote:

That is my two cents.
"labor organizations partnerships associations"

I am quite certain such a thing as the above cannot exist, but I could possibly be wrong. I suspect what you meant was,

"labor organizations, partnerships, associations"

Left out the commas.

Yep, my bad. I am not the greatest typist and my wife walked in and said let's go before I had a chance to proof read. Thanks for the correction.