• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The UnMarch on DC

sudden valley gunner

As long as this protest remains "and alternative" and is NOT going to be about denouncement of the other march and/or Kokesh, then I'd switch over to this one. Basically, "We don't agree with their chosen method but we can empathize with the reasons they feel they needed to do something." I really like Skidmark's suggestion. It's well thought out and seems like it could be effective.

* My transportation and housing is already planned with a buddy so me switching over for a protest on the same day would be logistically easy for me.

That's my thoughts on it too, an alternative march.

JmE

Your idea has the best shot at doing that. I know the law was designed for transporting firearms through interstate travel from one place where a person may possess them to another place where he may possess them. How would this work if the person were afoot?
Those were my thoughts as well since the right to travel is preserved in walking about; similar to OC being the RKBA in Ohio.

JmE

I don't know why others are, but I am looking at DC to provide a counter-point to Kokesh's illegal march. I'd like Americans to know that not all 2A advocates will so cavalierly break gun laws, but will instead highlight their stupidity in an effort to change them.
That can also be seen by government and liberals as licking the boots of tyrants. It could also fractionate the Liberty movement even more.
Be careful as THAT tactic might backfire.

JmE

Why are we only looking at DC?
Because it's recognized as the seat of federal government.

Nearly every city of note in America has a cube-filled federal structure of some sort. All are subject to the same basic restrictions as DC. Could FPS keep up with 100+ OC rallies across the nation, all functioning under the same premise as Kokesh's? Enter unless stopped?
This is good but should be a follow-up to a massive DC kick off.

I know folks who would go to DC if they could afford the trip. It's better than sitting by waiting on legislators, lawyers and judges as .gov busily tightens the screws for another year. Push back is inevitable, so why wait?
My thoughts as well.

Just a rhetorical question.
The suggestion and post was too good not to answer. :)