• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Think of the Chillllllllllllllldren...

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Yes, please think of the children.......
IMG00540.jpg

and think of all the fun they could have. My son burned through 160 rounds of 7.62x54R today at the range with his M44 Nagant not to mention the 9mm and .45 rounds.

KatieVT

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
Yes, please think of the children.......

and think of all the fun they could have. My son burned through 160 rounds of 7.62x54R today at the range with his M44 Nagant not to mention the 9mm and .45 rounds.
I was going to post something like that!

We spent Christmas Day with good friends, which included shooting a variety of handguns from .22 to .44 mag. They have 9 kids aged 21 - 5 and we have 6 aged 21 - 11. :D All but the 5 yr old "princess" shoot.

The same friends are coming up tomorrow through Friday and we are planning a variety of gun-related activities. Handguns, skeet shooting, and a rat hunt. It will be a lot of fun!

Jizzzle

imported post

we shoot yotes all the time here in nm. its a good time.. just take the 22-250 or whatever and shoot one out in the desert with a spotlight leave it and let the others come to eat. itsa blast. just drive the truck out in the middle of nowhere and have a ball.

anytime any of u guys are in the NM area hit me up, we'll go. its a 365 a year season. no limit and you get roughly 60 bucks a pelt. more if the quality rocks less if it's all beat up.

FoGKeebler

imported post

I sat down today and wrote out my thoughts on "What about the children" As I usually do before I write something online I write it in MS Word. When I got done I realized it was 2 pages long. It touches on just a little of everything concerning kids, open carry and my own twisted way of thinking whether right or wrong. If I'm wrong let me know maybe ill change my way of thinking. I posted it on my blog instead of here due to its length. http://fogkeebler.blogspot.com/

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

FoGKeebler wrote:
I sat down today and wrote out my thoughts on "What about the children" As I usually do before I write something online I write it in MS Word. When I got done I realized it was 2 pages long. It touches on just a little of everything concerning kids, open carry and my own twisted way of thinking whether right or wrong. If I'm wrong let me know maybe ill change my way of thinking. I posted it on my blog instead of here due to its length. http://fogkeebler.blogspot.com/
Good piece, FoGKeebler. Next step will be to teach you son how to pick up a gun properly to put it away, or give it to you. I believe you are going about it in the right way.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

FoGKeebler wrote:
Great blog post!

JBURGII

imported post

Jizzzle wrote:
we shoot yotes all the time here in nm. its a good time.. just take the 22-250 or whatever and shoot one out in the desert with a spotlight leave it and let the others come to eat. itsa blast. just drive the truck out in the middle of nowhere and have a ball.

anytime any of u guys are in the NM area hit me up, we'll go. its a 365 a year season. no limit and you get roughly 60 bucks a pelt. more if the quality rocks less if it's all beat up.

Be careful what you offer, I have family in Carlsbad and have spent a lot of time down in dark canyon shootin rattlers and jackrabbits and cactus oh my.. hehe.. I haven't been down to visit in a long time..

James

Jizzzle

imported post

lol you be careful what you offer.. that would give me an excuse to get a new varmit gun... don't threaten me with a good time.

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

FoGKeebler wrote:
What a cute kid! Kudos to you for teaching him properly.

"He comes to me and tells me “daddy, there is a gun sitting on the kitchen counter. You know you’re not supposed to leave that out.”"

JBURGII

imported post

Jizzzle wrote:
lol you be careful what you offer.. that would give me an excuse to get a new varmit gun... don't threaten me with a good time.

I'm eyeballin that Ruger 77/17 varmint..

Speakin of the children, back in them days all us cousins would go out rabbit huntin with our .22s .. you know.. 12-14 yrs old.. we all grew up shootin and huntin out in the desert. I can still smell those desert storms.. the lightening n thunder..

J

mrbiggles

Banned
imported post

to answer phhhsshhshshsh's question.

its because children are thought to either be not smart enough, or not physically able to defend themselves.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

mrbiggles wrote:
its because children are thought to either be not smart enough, or not physically able to defend themselves.
That's why humans have parenting, unlike some species. Part of being "selected" for survival is ensuring your genes (offspring) survive to the next generation. If their parents do their job there is no need to provide any additional physical ability for self-defense. And why should we worry about children whose own parents don't?

Maybe I'm just spoiled by having had real parents. :quirky

mrbiggles

Banned
imported post

marshaul wrote:
mrbiggles wrote:
That's why humans have parenting, unlike some species. Part of being "selected" for survival is ensuring your genes (offspring) survive to the next generation. If their parents do their job there is no need to provide any additional physical ability for self-defense. And why should we worry about children whose own parents don't?

Maybe I'm just spoiled by having had real parents. :quirky
i agree with your post :)

Jizzzle

imported post

the reason childeren strike such a cord in american society is because women run the show. the american man has castrated himself in the past 50 years.I promise you,(before thesexist cries start) that i'm not sexist. In my house I cook she cleans, et. et. Stuff is split evenly. Women are overly sensitive tokids, and i understand that it'sinstinct.For instance, my wife is a teacher at an after school program for "youths" (8-12 years old) (and yes she got in trouble for calling that age group childeren, don't get me started...) anyway, she had organized them to play dodgeball and apparently that's to rough of a sport. 4 mothers called in complaining about thierson being sore or a little skinned up because of it and what kind of afterschool program where they running that allowed thier child to participate in"contact sports"..Where was the dad on that one, why didn't he step up and tell his wife, what in the hell is your problem? Not to mention a little tough love to the kid for instance walk it off, man up et? If you give kids attention when theycry over dump stuff, they are gonna cry cry cray over really dumb stuff.If my son had complainedabout a rassberry onhiskneeit wouldn't have gotten farther than, we'll clean it outafter your done(unless it wassomething significant and i meanSIGNIFICANT).Not to mention my wife actually complaining to the Youth Center about it? No, Fin way.Dodgeball was banned at the Youth Center. I'll tell you what, this road we are going down scares me. This imaginary bubble that we project around childeren/youths/teens or whatever is a facade.

Gordie

imported post

How many people here remember crying over a skinned knee, not because it hurt, but because your mom made you stop what you were doing to go clean it up and put on a band-aid?

"BUT MOM, IT'S ONLY BLEEDING A LITTLE BIT!":D