• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thinking about a high-capacity 1911... Para, maybe?

CharleyMarbles

imported post

I belive EAA has a Hi-cap in their witness line as well also avalible in stainless I belive?

I like the witness as far as I can tell from photos because it has similar lines and grip angle to the CZ 75 I loved :)

Working on getting my rights back so I am currently defenceless thanx to our Gov. Yes I know everyone tells me I should have the wife get a gun, but the law states I can't even be around them and I don't want ANYTHING to mess up my chances of being made a FULL Citizen again :)

erichonda30

Banned
imported post

CharleyMarbles wrote:
I belive EAA has a Hi-cap in their witness line as well also avalible in stainless I belive?

I like the witness as far as I can tell from photos because it has similar lines and grip angle to the CZ 75 I loved :)

Working on getting my rights back so I am currently defenceless thanx to our Gov. Yes I know everyone tells me I should have the wife get a gun, but the law states I can't even be around them and I don't want ANYTHING to mess up my chances of being made a FULL Citizen again :)
what did you do?

MSC 45ACP

imported post

If you want a large frame, very accurate, very reliable .45 Hi Cap, I would recommend an H&K USP 45. I sold mine because it was too heavy for me to OC daily. I have back problems already and that beast was BIG. The upside is that it was VERY accurate... all the way to 50 yards. It also had a wonderful trigger factory job. Darn near as good as my old match guns.

It was a great range gun, but a bit heavy for a carry gun. My daughter loves her Glock 21SF. Smaller grip and no loss of rounds. I didn't like the "square" grips of the Glock, but I'm an old fashioned 1911 guy. Shooting a box of rounds with her Glock was uncomfortable for me.

I really love my "little" Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II. Its a tack driver out to 25 yards and very reliable. Not bad for a 3" barrel. The "trick is that its a match-grade heavy barrel with a well-fitted slide & barrel lockup.