• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This settles it. I'm getting a 1911.

Gunslinger

imported post

Just bought my own 1911. A Sig Revolution C3--Commander frame and slide, 4.25" barrel, but Officer's model stock. Holds 7+1, but fits higher cap Sig magazines. Rosewood grips, black annodized frame, stainless slide, so quite sharp looking. Can't wait to shoot it thursday. Made not far from where we lived for a long time in NH--Exeter. Always had the reputation of being the Porsche of pistols--best out of the box, very close to a custom for half the money. But the first one I got had to go back. The backend of the recoil rod asmbly wouldn't allow the slide to be released for breakdown!:cuss:WTF! $1100 pistol that you can't field strip! That was a full size, but went for the compact--same price, when I returned it. Glad I always break down a new gun before firing--get any shipping gunk out and lube it properly, or it would have had to go back to the factory--dirty, after I shot it the first time. Problem was an out of spec component that should never have gotten through quality control. Well, even Porsche gets it wrong sometimes--why I drive a Corvette!

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

First off, Kudos on the Vette. I had a 98 C6 for a little while, until Ryan was born. Second, your Sig Revo will accept most 1911 magazines, including higher capacity mags. They are very nice firearms, and you will definitely love it after breaking it in.

Weak 9mm

imported post

They were making the C6 back in 98? :p

(I love the C5, so I'm jealous)

(Hmm, or was it an 08 C6?)

(Either way, jealous)

Weak 9mm

imported post

Nice. I didn't think they could improve too much on the C5, but man they sure did. I also like how much more distinguished the C6 Z06 is compared to the C5 Z06. I can't imagine they're making money on it considering what is put into the car and the price at which they're selling it. No matter what model you choose though, the C6 is a good deal. Kind of like a good 1911 I guess. :p

Gunslinger

imported post

C6 is a big improvement over what was an outstanding car. Mine's an '06 with Bullets, CAI and Diablo tune. Puts out about 430-440 at the crank. At this altitude, you lose a good deal of performance, but it still is much, much faster than my 2000 WS6 Trans Am--which had the LS1 engine, same as the C5 Vette. I thought about a 911 for a while, but the Vette is faster than the 911S and 1/2 the price! Next one would be a Z06, but not for a while. Only 7000 miles on my Z51, 6 speed, so I'm happy. Hope I like the Sig as much.:?

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

I'm getting an 05 coupe with both tops, HUD, performance controls,navi, 6 speedand in cherry red! I'm getting it for a song. 30K with 20k miles on it. She's bone stock, but still faster than my Cadillac.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
sccrref wrote:
BobCav wrote:
I need an original WWII 1911 first just to add to my WWII collection....then one just for me!
Her is my 1943 Remmington Rand pistol. I bought it from a pawn shop about 25 years ago.Unfortunately not all of the parts are original.
It doesn't have all original parts? It's not a good gun then. I'll pm you with my address and a shipping label. I will take it upon myself to dispose of it.
Hehe....my thoughts exactly! Very nice pistol!

sandcast69

imported post

Well here's mine!
It's old.
It's not as pretty as some are.
But it's got character and shoots better than I do!
photo

photo

Attachments

• FireArms 106.jpg
    FireArms 106.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 256