• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thoughts on crossdraw?

Bronson

This seems highly exaggerated.
5-8.jpg

Agreed. I can draw from strong side, with a seat belt on from a holster with a thumb break and don't have to go into nearly the contortions this guy does. I think the caption to pic #3 shouldn't be limited to the elbow.

It also looks like his holster has little-to-no forward cant. Cant that thing 15-20 degrees forward like it should be and the gun'll slide right out.

Bronson

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Agreed. I can draw from strong side, with a seat belt on from a holster with a thumb break and don't have to go into nearly the contortions this guy does. I think the caption to pic #3 shouldn't be limited to the elbow.

It also looks like his holster has little-to-no forward cant. Cant that thing 15-20 degrees forward like it should be and the gun'll slide right out.

Bronson

Well, if a person is being shot at in their vehicle they are probably already shafted. I lost a friend shot through the arm and into the heart. He did what he was supposed to, drove away, but he was already hit. The crossdraw and strong side, IMO, if both worn properly are about the same. Never let anyone get that close to your vehicle, unless it is a police officer there is no reason for it.