• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Threatened with arrest.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
It's getting deeper. The officer got a hold of the fact I am filing a IA complaint and is now calling my First Sergeant to have me persuaded into not pursuing the matter.

Don't know this for sure yet, but I heard this from a contact I have on the "inside".

Oh, ho ho! Is this a Title 42 violation? The formal IA complaint, as far as I know, is protected under your 1st Amendment right to petition the government for redress of grievances. So, this cop is now attempting to have you coerced into foregoing that right. Involving another = conspiracy, if I recall.

Might want to point out to the First Sergeant that his involvement might make him a conspirator before he actually becomes one.

Heck, a good First Sergeant might turn around, call the cop, and tell the cop to shove it, and stand by for attempting to make him a conspirator.

MilitaryMike

I have already spoken to the shirt and he seems to be on my side. The issues is I doubt the officer will make that point on the phone. If he does call, he will probably try to tell the shirt that I was breaking laws, disrespectful, or some other lie. Luckily I have already showed the shirt the NRS's and my full recount of the events. Either way, the fact that he is planning to call 4 DAYS after the fact and there was no police report filed should be ground to warrant investigation into harassment and freedom of speech violations.

The shirt has the responsibility to investigate the officers claims. So if so the shirt will be doing his job. Anything else would be an issue... but my shirt is no spring chicken. Everything will be cool.

My "contact" told me the police do not like it when people quote laws or tell them they know their rights. This person also refused to admit the officer was wrong in the situation..so since s/he wouldn't defend the cop, but wouldn't condone the actions either; it just leads me to believe no one cares about what is right. God help this country.

I'll be over here fighting. Wish me luck.

MR Redenck

S/he sounds like a real piece of work!!! Those comments are nothing more than disrespectful to citizens rights.
Keep fighting and good luck Mike.

PavePusher

Two words: Voice. Recorder. (Depending on the laws of Nevada, and how badly you feel you need to CYA with your squadron/group/wing.)

For the record, I have recorded military conversations, but never had to use the recordings. The only time thus far that it would have helped, was before I became involved with OCDO and learned about such things.... sigh. Sucks having your ass hung out to dry for doing your job right.

MKEgal

MilitaryMike said:
The tow truck company did file and false police report. Stated I "pulled out a gun"... they stated on the phone that it was on my hip. (they also said it was company policy to call the police and do a MWAG call anytime they see a firearm).
:eek: @ the wasteful & harassing company policy.
Please, if you come back & read this thread, name the company so other citizens know to avoid them.
And seriously - the phone call told the PD the pistol was holstered, & the PD responded anyway? :banghead:

Anyone know a good 2A attorney?
I know one who lives in GA, but takes cases across the country.
If you've come back to check in, please PM me for his info.