• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TIDEWATER DECEMBER 2nd OC DINNER 7PM

simmonsjoe

imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
Thanks, Mike, and again I appreciate your having taken the initiative to invite Sheriff Diggs to the dinner. I've always thought highly of him and reading your report, my esteem for him his gone even higher. It wouldn't surprise me if Danny someday runs for higher office, and you can bet I'd be wiling to help personally and financially.
Maybe we should try and make this standard practice for all OC dinners from now on? What do people think of invidting the county sheriff of whatever county we're dining in??

MSC 45ACP

imported post

simmonsjoe wrote:
Dutch Uncle wrote:
Thanks, Mike, and again I appreciate your having taken the initiative to invite Sheriff Diggs to the dinner. I've always thought highly of him and reading your report, my esteem for him his gone even higher. It wouldn't surprise me if Danny someday runs for higher office, and you can bet I'd be wiling to help personally and financially.
Maybe we should try and make this standard practice for all OC dinners from now on? What do people think of invidting the county sheriff of whatever county we're dining in??

GREAT IDEA!

I haven't yet been able to work on putting the stuff together from Pagan's incident and the letter y'all wrote. I'll work on it this week.

Sorry for the delay, family medical issues and personal medical issues have been a problem recently. I will get to it.

mike

45acpForMe

imported post

Anyone up for a last-minute pre-Christmast OC dinner at Vinny's in Newport News Monday or Tuesday 12/21 or 12/22? My daughters don't have dance class that week so I can make a rare Tuesday appearance.

I've got a hankering for their Chicken Parmasan Sub.

Edited to add address: Vinny's Pizza and Pasta, 748 J. Clyde Morris Blvd, Newport News, VA 23601

http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=748+J.+Clyde+Morris+Blvd+Newport+News%2C+VA+23601

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
Anyone up for a last-minute pre-Christmast OC dinner at Vinny's in Newport News Monday or Tuesday 12/21 or 12/22? My daughters don't have dance class that week so I can make a rare Tuesday appearance.

I've got a hankering for their Chicken Parmasan Sub.

Edited to add address: Vinny's Pizza and Pasta, 748 J. Clyde Morris Blvd, Newport News, VA 23601

http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=748+J.+Clyde+Morris+Blvd+Newport+News%2C+VA+23601
Since this thread is specific to the 2 December outing, you'll probably want to start a new thread.
:)

Bubba Ron

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
To all - please read through this entire topic and consider this, when posting a dining out, post the day, time, and place - don't leave it up for a vote, that never works. Like Ed said, it's like hearding cats.

Let's keep this simple, post your dining out and the folks that can make it, will make it. IF someone wants a different day, they can post their dining out date and time for the next one (hopefully after the current dining out is over).

One last suggestion, since the topic is usually titled "Tidewater (month) OC dining out" please leave the sub-title blank - it's only good for the first post of the month and then only confuses the future dining outs.

Most importantly, please support the dining outs that you can attend - they are always a LOT of fun!!!!

Thanks, Bubbba Ron.....
One more time.....and thanks for taking the last suggestion.....

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
Bubba Ron wrote:
To all - please read through this entire topic and consider this, when posting a dining out, post the day, time, and place - don't leave it up for a vote, that never works. Like Ed said, it's like hearding cats.

Let's keep this simple, post your dining out and the folks that can make it, will make it. IF someone wants a different day, they can post their dining out date and time for the next one (hopefully after the current dining out is over).

One last suggestion, since the topic is usually titled "Tidewater (month) OC dining out" please leave the sub-title blank - it's only good for the first post of the month and then only confuses the future dining outs.

Most importantly, please support the dining outs that you can attend - they are always a LOT of fun!!!!

Thanks, Bubbba Ron.....
One more time.....and thanks for taking the last suggestion.....
I really like Ron. he always makes me smile... :)
He just makes sense. No bullchipper there.