• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TNT - About 1 in 12 WA state adults have a CPL

Dave Workman

early this month it was reported that more than 461,000 people had concealed pistol licenses in Washington. We have about 7 million folks in the state.

If I did my math right, that's about 1 in 15.

Nah, your math is off.

You've got to subtract the number of children and unqualified people. Out of approx. 7 million, it would be fair to say 2.5 million are people under age 21. Another half-million can't obtain a CPL because they're illegals, convicted felons or disqualified misdemeanants, or they're mentally deficient.

Leaves you approx 4 million. The 461,000 number is from July 2. That's probably up another 1,000 to 1,500 . There ya go.

Dave_pro2a

I dislike Ed Troyer.

This should tell you everything you need to know about Ed Troyer:

His son, charged with statutory rape
http://annecarolinedrake.com/2012/04/27/ed-troyers-son-zachary-charged-with-statutory-rape/

His daughter 'disappears' with a registered sex offender (not his son)
http://www.seattleweekly.com/dailyw...spokesman_ed_troyer_disappears_found_safe.php

Remember that expression "where there's smoke there's fire?" Well that kind of hyper sexual behavior doesn't normally happen in a vacuum -- it is usually preceded by abuse within the family.

sudden valley gunner

Nah, your math is off.

You've got to subtract the number of children and unqualified people. Out of approx. 7 million, it would be fair to say 2.5 million are people under age 21. Another half-million can't obtain a CPL because they're illegals, convicted felons or disqualified misdemeanants, or they're mentally deficient.

Leaves you approx 4 million. The 461,000 number is from July 2. That's probably up another 1,000 to 1,500 . There ya go.

Some good points. I will ad that a lot of people carry who don't get permits including felons. So the chance folks are around armed people increases.

Difdi

I am actually pretty sure the main reason for those numbers is because criminals tend to assail private citizens in their homes or when nobody else is around, while police almost always have people around when they have to shoot.

One of the more disturbing trends in police lack of marksmanship is the growing tendency to charge the guy the cop was shooting at with the assault and/or murder of the bystander the cop actually hit.