• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tomorrow or Sunday Lunch/Dinner

just_a_car

imported post

Well, he was implying that we "guys with guns" would word-of-mouth tell people not to go there and give our reason and that people would want to go there after we told them that. He also reasoned that a family saying that guys with guns were allowed to stick around and eat would cause people to not want to eat there.

Again, I still have some talking with him to do and still have to get the bulletins and such to him. It sounds to me like he's been misinformed by some authorities, which irks me to no end.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Lonnie Wilson wrote:
compmanio365 is correct, we need to be more on the ball about getting a place figured out as soon as possible.

For next month, I will not be in town the third saturday or sunday, so I have no particular preferences. I have some suggested places (Olympia or Bellingham considering the incidents there) but I leave that up the folks willing to make such a trip. Olympia has Cabelas opening up.

I am looking forward to the Cabelas opening, but have to admit while they have a pretty darn good selection, they will have to work very hard to woo my major purchases over from Sportsman's Warehouse. Mitch, the SW manager in Lacey has always provided excellent customer service and greets me by name when I shop there. I am planning to get a Marlin .45/70 guide gun there soon, and mebbe a pistol or three...

I have not had a chance to OC in any local eateries, but have a couple in mind once I get around to it. There is a great BBQ joint near the old Safeway downtown, and the Clubside Cafe on 4th has pretty good food and decent service.

Since I don't carry at work and usually eat out after work, well put two and two together for my lack of local experience.

If Oly looks like a serious contender for a meetup, I'll "scout" out a couple of locations.

Steve

Bear 45/70

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Well, he was implying that we "guys with guns" would word-of-mouth tell people not to go there and give our reason and that people would want to go there after we told them that. He also reasoned that a family saying that guys with guns were allowed to stick around and eat would cause people to not want to eat there.

Again, I still have some talking with him to do and still have to get the bulletins and such to him. It sounds to me like he's been misinformed by some authorities, which irks me to no end.
According to my local Denny's manager, the two Dennys in Bellevue are Kalifornia owned and that could well explain their head in the sand attitude.