• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Traveling/visiting Michigan in regards to carrying

Golden Eagle

in Illinois you may only possess an unloaded concealed firearm outside your vehicle in the immediate vicinity and only for the purpose of storing in in a container in the trunk. I just came back from Chitcago a few days ago and brushed up on the laws.

...and only outside your vehicle in the parking lots of their GFZ's and only with an Ill license.

Just keep your empty gun case in the front seat with you for if you need to get it to your trunk. :dude:

Plan B

Banned
While I don't disagree in principle, for the purposes of this thread it might be nice to give our visitor some advice that won't get him arrested.

Sure, but he seemed smart enough to know the difference. However accurate it may be.

We need to start living by our principles...

Last edited:

jeffrey-r

I ran into someone like you the other day online. Kept rightously arguing that the 2nd Amendment is all you needed, and was prattling on about Acts are not Laws, and something about two different States of Michigan and Maritime law.

Going all Constitutional is fine and all, but I try and keep at least one foot in reality, lest both feet end up in prison.

Evil Creamsicle

I ran into someone like you the other day online. Kept rightously arguing that the 2nd Amendment is all you needed, and was prattling on about Acts are not Laws, and something about two different States of Michigan and Maritime law.

Going all Constitutional is fine and all, but I try and keep at least one foot in reality, lest both feet end up in prison.

Saw that video did you ;D

Yeah I was talking to that guy too... its kind of impossible to have a reasonable discussion with him.

'Scienzoflyfe' I believe, if we're referring to the same individual.