• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Trijicon is an awesome company...

n16ht5

imported post

:( wow. this is really depressing. I'm going back to the akfiles now...

hey everyone.. pull out some US money.. what does it say on it?

"In God We Trust"

I was just trying to make a point.. people have hissy fits over the smallest issues possible, when they could focus energy on something positive, like our freedom and the fight against our twisted government. Where's 911 boss to write my story...

n16ht5

imported post

"In God We Trust"

I was just trying to make a point.. people have hissy fits over the smallest issues possible, when they could focus energy on something positive, like our freedom and the fight against our twisted government. Where's 911 boss to write my story...

killchain

imported post

n16ht5 wrote:

"In God We Trust"

Better not give that to foreign countries.

Might insult them.

Tawnos

imported post

n16ht5 wrote:

"In God We Trust"

Came about in the 1950s due to the cold war and some political BS about not being "like those godless commies." It was dumb then, it's dumb now.

killchain

imported post

Tawnos wrote:
n16ht5 wrote:

"In God We Trust"

Came about in the 1950s due to the cold war and some political BS about not being "like those godless commies." It was dumb then, it's dumb now.
It was 1951.

Now we don't want any of it because we don't want to be like those "religious extremists."

Once again, I say we keep our money. And our ACOGs.

antispam540

imported post

I think it's hilarious how we look down on the McCarthy era when all we've done is switch the word "terrorist" for the word "commie". In everyday use, they seem to be equally meaningless, as everything from littering to murder has been labeled "terrorism" by some group.

You know, the twin towers weren't the first examples of small groups of wackos destroying buildings. Look at the Unabomber, or Oklahoma, or Guy Fawkes. These things happen, and unfortunately there's no way other than complete government control of everyone's individual lives to prevent it from happening now and then.

If a couple of Arab guys blew up a building because one of our industries caused their business to fail, would we have sent the army over to their country and occupied it? I don't think so. The only reason we've overreacted this way is because it's a religious issue. Before 9/11, were there fewer arabic people who wanted to kill the infidels? No, it's always been a core (although overlooked by most) tenet of their faith.

If you ask me, I think we could have skipped the past ten years and just armed everyone on airplanes with emergency tasers. No need for a loosely-defined "war" that lets the government imprison anyone it deems to be an "enemy combatant" with no burden of proof. No need for this laughable farce called the "TSA". Yes, maybe a tragedy happens once every 10 years or so, but our current system doesn't seem to be preventing that from happening anyway. Call it the price of freedom, if you will - the number who died in the twin towers, while tragic, was less than 1% of the number of people who die in car accidents each year. Should we send the army to Japan and destroy all the Weapons of Mitsubishi Destruction they're producing in their Automotive (excuse me, Weapons) plants?

Now the arabic peoples of Afghanistan and the surrounding areas have good reason to hate us, since we sicced Blackwater on them with full immunity against prosecution, allowed the worst sort of individual to put on a uniform and kill and abuse men, women and children for their own amusement, and routinely torture and medically neglect men and children at Guantanamo. Some of those guys are just cab drivers pulled off the streets of NY, since bounty hunters were offered per-head incentives to bring in anyone with "terrorist" connections - some of which amount to nothing more than being a member of a family in a foreign country that *may* have some distant relation to someone *suspected* of connection to a terrorist cell. Why are we waterboarding, beating with clubs, and sleep-depriving NY cab drivers? Because our system is designed to de-humanize anyone who looks arabic (excuse me, "like a terrorist"). After all, how else could you train people to go kill people other than painting them as inhuman cartoon villains?

Was there a right way to handle the twin towers incident? I think there was, but I think we are well past that point now. If you ask me, we're the bad guys now, and the only support I have for our troops is sympathy for what our government has turned them into, and the sincere desire that they are brought home soon rather than stay to compound our mistakes.

There are entire countries full of people whose religion dictates that they convert us or kill us. The only logical solutions are to either strengthen our borders and try to prevent those people from carrying out their mandate, or use nuclear bombs to outright destroy them along with massive innocent casualties.

One of our country's core values is the belief in innocence until proven guilty. Until someone of the Muslim faith decides to shave their genitals and start killing infidels, they should be treated with the same respect you would demand for yourself.

Imbuing people with a killing mindset and then turning them loose among a foreign civilian population with little to no oversight is a ****ing STUPID idea. It's almost designed to cause incidents that fuel hatred for our country - but then, that gives the government fuel to grow larger, pass more laws, and further reduce our civil liberties. I'd hate to think that's the way they planned it, but they're using the word "terrorist" or "terrorism" to justify things we would have tarred and feathered them for twelve years ago.

Lante

imported post

Ok, I can understand the discussion of ACOG sights, and the possibility of some having an issue with the biblical reference...however keep in mind this was not "aimed" at Muslims. These sights were purchased by the US military. Such sights are currently in use with the US military in the following countries.

Kenya, Egypt, South Korea, Japan, Philippines, Indonesia, Singapore, Thialand, Malaysia, Austraila, New Zealand, Germany, Greece, Italy, UK, Spain, Norway, Sweden, Turkey, Belgium, Portugal, Netherlands, Greece, Greenland, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, UAE, Columbia, Cuba, Ecuador.

Certainly not all of these are muslim nations. South Kroea having one of the fastest growing christian populations in the world (maybe due to being protected by "crusaders"??)

Regardless, I can understand if an individual military member has a problem with it.. but the PR angle...nope, those who use the crusader lable already scream about religious books, chaplains, upbringing etc.

killchain

imported post

antispam540 wrote:
I think it's hilarious how we look down on the McCarthy era when all we've done is switch the word "terrorist" for the word "commie". In everyday use, they seem to be equally meaningless, as everything from littering to murder has been labeled "terrorism" by some group.

You know, the twin towers weren't the first examples of small groups of wackos destroying buildings. Look at the Unabomber, or Oklahoma, or Guy Fawkes. These things happen, and unfortunately there's no way other than complete government control of everyone's individual lives to prevent it from happening now and then.

If a couple of Arab guys blew up a building because one of our industries caused their business to fail, would we have sent the army over to their country and occupied it? I don't think so. The only reason we've overreacted this way is because it's a religious issue. Before 9/11, were there fewer arabic people who wanted to kill the infidels? No, it's always been a core (although overlooked by most) tenet of their faith.

If you ask me, I think we could have skipped the past ten years and just armed everyone on airplanes with emergency tasers. No need for a loosely-defined "war" that lets the government imprison anyone it deems to be an "enemy combatant" with no burden of proof. No need for this laughable farce called the "TSA". Yes, maybe a tragedy happens once every 10 years or so, but our current system doesn't seem to be preventing that from happening anyway. Call it the price of freedom, if you will - the number who died in the twin towers, while tragic, was less than 1% of the number of people who die in car accidents each year. Should we send the army to Japan and destroy all the Weapons of Mitsubishi Destruction they're producing in their Automotive (excuse me, Weapons) plants?

Now the arabic peoples of Afghanistan and the surrounding areas have good reason to hate us, since we sicced Blackwater on them with full immunity against prosecution, allowed the worst sort of individual to put on a uniform and kill and abuse men, women and children for their own amusement, and routinely torture and medically neglect men and children at Guantanamo. Some of those guys are just cab drivers pulled off the streets of NY, since bounty hunters were offered per-head incentives to bring in anyone with "terrorist" connections - some of which amount to nothing more than being a member of a family in a foreign country that *may* have some distant relation to someone *suspected* of connection to a terrorist cell. Why are we waterboarding, beating with clubs, and sleep-depriving NY cab drivers? Because our system is designed to de-humanize anyone who looks arabic (excuse me, "like a terrorist"). After all, how else could you train people to go kill people other than painting them as inhuman cartoon villains?

Was there a right way to handle the twin towers incident? I think there was, but I think we are well past that point now. If you ask me, we're the bad guys now, and the only support I have for our troops is sympathy for what our government has turned them into, and the sincere desire that they are brought home soon rather than stay to compound our mistakes.

There are entire countries full of people whose religion dictates that they convert us or kill us. The only logical solutions are to either strengthen our borders and try to prevent those people from carrying out their mandate, or use nuclear bombs to outright destroy them along with massive innocent casualties.

One of our country's core values is the belief in innocence until proven guilty. Until someone of the Muslim faith decides to shave their genitals and start killing infidels, they should be treated with the same respect you would demand for yourself.

Imbuing people with a killing mindset and then turning them loose among a foreign civilian population with little to no oversight is a ****ing STUPID idea. It's almost designed to cause incidents that fuel hatred for our country - but then, that gives the government fuel to grow larger, pass more laws, and further reduce our civil liberties. I'd hate to think that's the way they planned it, but they're using the word "terrorist" or "terrorism" to justify things we would have tarred and feathered them for twelve years ago.
You know what, I'm gonna make you do all the work... how about you cite some of this stuff?

And if it has anything to do with Jesse Ventura or Al Jazeera, your head is going right into your soapbox, buddy.