• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TSA begins random road inspections in Tennessee, First State To Fight Terrorism Stat

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
are faced with the possibility of dealing with the dregs of society each time you go on duty, so the rest of us won't have to.

Who dials 911 to let the LEOs know? A member of society already being affected.

These dregs always effect a 'commoner' in advance of the LEOs even knowing about it. Often, it is too late for the 'commoners' and can only report the matter after the 'dreg' is gone.

Most criminals are not stupid, only the ones who get caught. Kinda like most cops aren't evil (supposedly), we just don't hear about all the not trouble the good ones aren't stirring up... I'll not digress into the debate over victim-less crimes designed to fill prisons for revenue-ing purposes.

Presuming that all who are assailed by bad cops are dregs... Cops presuming that everyone they talk to is already guilty of something, they just have to figure out what... Or, how to word their report to create a charge where none exists... Enforce their opinion then find out they're boned and fabricate charges hoping for Qualified Immunity, instead of admitting they made a mistake, with no concern for the expense it creates to prove one's innocence...

The LEO profession needs drastic reform. Being a part of the Judicual system, there is a huge conflict of interest, and they are expected to police their own? Pshaw...

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
There is no such thing as "tyranny with manners".

Really? Tyranny doesn't manifest itself in the guise of politeness, political correctness, or to further the "greater good"? The founders specifically warned us of this type of tyranny.

I think far too many subscribe to a demagogic definition of tyranny. Simply put without the FUD, tyranny is the arbitrary exercise of power. Liberty is freedom from the arbitrary exercise of power. The TSA is tyrannous, the "Patriot" act is tyrannous, Malum prohibitum laws are tyrannous. The "war on some drugs" is tyrannous. Unjust wars are tyrannous against the nation being waged upon, undeclared wars with no real and imminent threat are tyrannous against the citizens of the U.S. and those whom the war is waged upon.

Tyranny and liberty are polar opposites. One inversely affects the other. Every act of government, law, court decision, and regulation can be ultimately broken down to: Does this allow for the exercise of arbitrary power or not? Tyranny or liberty?

This is why the progressively bastardized idea of "positive liberty" is really a misnomer. It's tyranny in another name, a "polite" name if you will. It's government taking action to "secure" us, to make us safe, or to keep others from discrimination based on their criteria.

Excellent video!

Jack House

What would you call most Yankee states?
Most people I meet from Yankee states are just plain rude. Then again, so are those that have warped ideas of what manners are. Typically older people from the south.

Posted using my HTC Evo

Superlite27

I hate to continue this thread, but your information is wrong. LEOs go through RADAR training, but the whole purpose is to learn visual estimations of vehicle speed within 5 mph. RADAR is only a confirmation tool.

...And here I was angry that a machine determined whether or not I get my wallet lightened.

Now you tell me it all hinges on a guess?

Must be nice to have the consequences of a trial based solely upon your estimate.

I now realize: I felt better when I still thought it was a machine guessing my speed.

Regarding those License Plate Scanners

I've seen a car driving back and forth through the Bass Pro parking lot on several occassions with those angled cameras. I always suspected what they were. Somehow, it reeks of "Big Brother".

...and the "why" of Bass Pro Shops also causes curiosity. Hmmmmm? Why Bass Pro?

BTW: If this isn't a "catch-all" thread, I don't know what is. I enjoy it, though. Like a good stew, it has almost everything a person could want: Heated dialogue, insults, digression, pithy comments, the guy who is oblivious to tangential dialogue and refuses to go off topic, the comment dropper, the person who purposefully changes the subject, the quitter, the pot-stirrer, clueless posters, ones who storm off mad, insightful analysis, pointless rambling.....

...and now the "Johnnie-Come-Lately"!

Daylen

...And here I was angry that a machine determined whether or not I get my wallet lightened.

Now you tell me it all hinges on a guess?

Must be nice to have the consequences of a trial based solely upon your estimate.

I now realize: I felt better when I still thought it was a machine guessing my speed.

Regarding those License Plate Scanners

I've seen a car driving back and forth through the Bass Pro parking lot on several occassions with those angled cameras. I always suspected what they were. Somehow, it reeks of "Big Brother".

BTW: If this isn't a "catch-all" thread, I don't know what is. I enjoy it, though. Like a good stew, it has almost everything a person could want: Heated dialogue, insults, digression, pithy comments, the guy who is oblivious to tangential dialogue and refuses to go off topic, the comment dropper, the person who purposefully changes the subject, the quitter, the pot-stirrer, clueless posters, ones who storm off mad, insightful analysis, pointless rambling.....

...and now the "Johnnie-Come-Lately"!

What do you expect for 10 pages!?

Redbaron007

......[snip] Regarding those License Plate Scanners

They cruise all major shopping centers this year; mainly looking for stolen vehicles and the occassional wanted individual. I've seen them at the mall, BPS, Cabelas, hospitals etc.