• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UMW police confiscate gun from student at Eagle Landing

ocholsteroc

I have question for them,

If they honor our Constitution, by all races/religion letting these people go to school there/all schools. Other wise it would be discrimination and "unfair".
Why don't they honor the Constitution about the part about keeping guns?
:banghead::uhoh:

Lawsuit? :confused:

Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, why is races/religion being protected/up held yet not our gun rights? Do they stop students from voting to?

Last edited:

Repeater

This garbage of colleges making rules that can become laws needs to stop. A college is the last place I would want making a law.

Colleges don't make rules anymore than guns kill.

Universities are dominated by Progressives (Marxists - Leninists) who hate individual liberty. They are the ones making the rules. Regrettable that taxpayer dollars pay their salaries. Pathetic that republicans allow that, even support that, in the state budget.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Well SCOTUS said you can "keep" a gun in your residence. Hello Alan Gura? Got a live one here!

Next thing we know you will be linking that ruling with the one about college kids being able to claim residence in the state where they go to school and thus vote there even if they go home to mommy & daddy during breaks/vacation 'cause they have no other place to live.

stay safe.

TFred

Next thing we know you will be linking that ruling with the one about college kids being able to claim residence in the state where they go to school and thus vote there even if they go home to mommy & daddy during breaks/vacation 'cause they have no other place to live.

stay safe.
Are you sure that isn't already the case? Maybe I'm just thinking of the students who live in off-campus housing...

TFred

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

stay safe.

Makes sense to me, so long as they don't vote twice. Especially if it's a state-owned school.

College kids get a bad rap anyway.

In the Republican primary, Montgomery County went to Ron Paul and Giles County (where I live) went to Romney. Seems to me like some college kids actually think a bit more than those set in their ways after decades of mindless partisanship.

No offense to anybody intended.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
It's interesting to read in these opinions that the boards of the various Virginia colleges and universities have an obligation to protect the students, yet we read again and again of students being harmed while on the premises of the colleges and universities while falling in line with the policies, regulations and rules implemented by the boards of the schools. If the boards have some obligation to provide safety then they should be held accountable in each case where safety is not provided, however, if they have no obligation to provide such an atmosphere then their supposed authority to demand that students, visitors and workers disarm is without merit.

mk4

It's interesting to read in these opinions that the boards of the various Virginia colleges and universities have an obligation to protect the students, yet we read again and again of students being harmed while on the premises of the colleges and universities while falling in line with the policies, regulations and rules implemented by the boards of the schools. If the boards have some obligation to provide safety then they should be held accountable in each case where safety is not provided, however, if they have no obligation to provide such an atmosphere then their supposed authority to demand that students, visitors and workers disarm is without merit.

logic, common sense and the concept of responsibility are completely lost on the illuminati of the academic system. :rolleyes:

but you knew that. ;)