• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ung vs. Zimmerman

Redbaron007

This artcile was full of editorial blabbering!

There really wasn't anything factually stated; pretty much slanted opinion....IMHO. :D

LkWd_Don

--Moderator edited - this user is posting spam. His comments have been deleted.

Would that also include how President Obama called for an immediate investigation into Zimmerman's possible violation of law then completely ignored the blatant violation of law when the Black Panther Political Party posted a $25K Bounty on Zimmerman?

Last edited by a moderator:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Would that also include how President Obama called for an immediate investigation into Zimmerman's possible violation of law then completely ignored the blatant violation of law when the Black Panther Political Party posted a $25K Bounty on Zimmerman?

Yeah, if you wanted a high horse to stand on, the time passed months ago. Now you're just joining the ranks of those to whom race is the all-important issue, and everything has to be about race. Making you no better than Obama, and rendering your post as nothing more than pointless hypocrisy. Nice job.

Last edited:

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Yeah, if you wanted a high horse to stand on, the time passed months ago. Now you're just joining the ranks of those to whom race is the all-important issue, and everything has to be about race. Making you no better than Obama, and rendering your post as nothing more than pointless hypocrisy. Nice job.

It is about race because the President made it about race. He asked for an investigation into a crime where the Federal government had no jurisdiction, yet when the Panthers called for Zimmerman "dead or alive" and placed a bounty on the man's head the President said nothing!

The government wants us divided, and any opportunity they get to do so they will make sure to take advantage. Remember what the idiot Rahm Emanuel said? He said, "You never allow a good tragedy to go to waste!" This is exactly what the President was doing -- destroying our brotherhood with a tragedy.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
It is about race because the President made it about race. He asked for an investigation into a crime where the Federal government had no jurisdiction, yet when the Panthers called for Zimmerman "dead or alive" and placed a bounty on the man's head the President said nothing!

The government wants us divided, and any opportunity they get to do so they will make sure to take advantage. Remember what the idiot Rahm Emanuel said? He said, "You never allow a good tragedy to go to waste!" This is exactly what the President was doing -- destroying our brotherhood with a tragedy.

So we might as well play right into his hands, right?

:rolleyes:

Like I said, hypocrisy.

LkWd_Don

The truth is never pointless or hypocrisy!

But then there are many who can not accept the truth for what it is because they would have to open their eyes to and accept the fact that there is evil walking among us.

As I make it a point to speak the truth, I am far better than Mr. Obama.

Now, if you can convince me that his actions and lack of actions in this case were not the epitome of racism, then I might be forced to weigh that against his other failings when I decide which of the candidates are the lesser of two evils on election day.

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
The truth is never pointless or hypocrisy!

Irrelevant platitude.

The lesser of two evils certainly cannot be Obomney, as it is a single entity. There is no choice there.

The point is just the same point I've been trying to make all along: yes, Obama and a some Black Panthers would like to make it about race. Fortunately, basically everybody else ignores those few. Zimmerman wasn't lynched by a racist mob, and no reward was collected for his capture. All the bluster was just that. And, being that it's just bluster, and largely ignored, you lend it credence by loudly denouncing it and drawing attention it. In lending credence and relevance to the irrelevant, you in fact reinforce the attempts to make it about race, even as you ostensibly denounce them. Therefore, hypocrisy. QED.

That the hypocrisy is undoubtedly unintentional merely suggests, rightly or wrongly, that you are yourself victim of a similar, if reversed, bias as those you preach against.

I say: let the children squabble about race; the adults have better things to do than discuss or be concerned with their irrelevant and puerile naïvety.

Last edited:

LkWd_Don

I say: let the children squabble about race; the adults have better things to do than discuss or be concerned with their irrelevant and puerile naïvety.

You can spew your diatribe all you wish, your stated tactics prove you are a large part of the problem rather than anywhere near to a solution.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Gentlemen, please

Please stick to the facts w/o veiled personal attacks. Even personal opinions need not attack posters.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
You can spew your diatribe all you wish, your stated tactics prove you are a large part of the problem rather than anywhere near to a solution.

Declarations do not engender fact.

On the other hand, I have demonstrated that quite the opposite is true. Unless, of course, the "problem" is defined as "not enough people pointing the "racist!" finger", at which point I would agree that your tactics, much like Obama's, are an excellent way to ensure that neither side ever allows any issue to not be about race.

Race, and accusations of racism, bore me. Talk about living in the past.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Well, self defense is an affirmative defense; it does not exist until plead in court. The good news for poor folk is that they get free representation & their personal $$ loss is minimal.

And, as the result was found in favor of the poor person, the guy is likely off in better shape than a middle class person who would have to spend his life savings defending himself over bogus charges.

Anytime there is a shooting, there is a high probability that a trip to court is going to happen. DAs don't want to be seen as being pro-gun. They are bucking to be judges most of them.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Well, self defense is an affirmative defense; it does not exist until plead in court. The good news for poor folk is that they get free representation & their personal $$ loss is minimal.

And, as the result was found in favor of the poor person, the guy is likely off in better shape than a middle class person who would have to spend his life savings defending himself over bogus charges.

Anytime there is a shooting, there is a high probability that a trip to court is going to happen. DAs don't want to be seen as being pro-gun. They are bucking to be judges most of them.

When it comes to legal representation, be careful what you wish for (free or cheap) as you just might get exactly what you paid for it.

If such representation favors the poor, then why are there so many less affluent incarcerated? My observation/conclusion is that the system often times favors the one having an abundance of shekels.

LkWd_Don

Declarations do not engender fact.

On the other hand, I have demonstrated that quite the opposite is true. Unless, of course, the "problem" is defined as "not enough people pointing the "racist!" finger", at which point I would agree that your tactics, much like Obama's, are an excellent way to ensure that neither side ever allows any issue to not be about race.

Race, and accusations of racism, bore me. Talk about living in the past.

It does not surprise me that my last comment went totally over your head. The one where I was insinuating that the problem you are perpetrating is that Adults should not actively supervise their children, as your comment of,
marshaul said:
I say: let the children squabble about race; the adults have better things to do
suggests.

Which makes it clear that you not only intentionally ignore what the real problems are, but then attempt to rationalize your own failures by attempting to degenerate others.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
It does not surprise me that my last comment went totally over your head. The one where I was insinuating that the problem you are perpetrating is that Adults should not actively supervise their children, as your comment of,
suggests.

I fully understood your "insinuation"; it simply wasn't worth replying to as such.

Dragging a metaphor out merely shows the limits of its applicability; it does nothing to refute an argument which stands on its own merit; nor does it, in this case, automatically render my suggestion a bad one.

Furthermore, if I accept that the metaphor deserves expansion, I would simply say that adults who interject themselves into childish disagreements of no substance, and no tangible effect, are merely stooping to the level of children, and that this entails no worthwhile "supervisory" effect whatsoever. Furthermore, the adult has actually encouraged their behavior, by reinforcing the children's perception of the importance of their disagreement. In fact, he may best discourage such inanity by demonstrating, by example, that adults do not concern themselves with such nonsense. Children, in their desire to emulate adults, are quite responsive to such leading by example.

Two children disagree over who's imaginary friend is cooler. The actively supervising adult steps in: which child's imaginary friend shall he favor?

Which makes it clear that you not only intentionally ignore what the real problems are, but then attempt to rationalize your own failures by attempting to degenerate others.

Shall I respond with another iteration of "NO U!"? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

OC for ME

<snip> Two children disagree over who's imaginary friend is cooler. The actively supervising adult steps in: which child's imaginary friend shall he favor? <snip>
I like my kid's imaginary friend better than my neighbor's kid imaginary friend.....DUH! Why do grown-ups make things so intellectual?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Off topic posts.

Gentlemen - PLEASE - back on topic.

This thread is spinning way too far off course. Please take your personal issues, however intellectual, to PM.

Is there any news to report on the Zimmerman matter?