• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Upcoming Magazine Registration

heckle

Interesting twist on a 30 round magazine

I do not currently have any permit (applied two weeks ago) but, I do have some 30 round magazines. They are from when I was in the military. One of them happens to be shined up and mounted on a plaque that was given to me during a PCS move. Now, is it capable of being used? Yes (all the parts are there and functional). Now, would I have to register this since it is mounted on a chunk of oak board?

Just one more oddball situation that they did not think about. :)

motoxmann

I do not currently have any permit (applied two weeks ago) but, I do have some 30 round magazines. They are from when I was in the military. One of them happens to be shined up and mounted on a plaque that was given to me during a PCS move. Now, is it capable of being used? Yes (all the parts are there and functional). Now, would I have to register this since it is mounted on a chunk of oak board?

yes. if it is functional or can easily be made functional it does need to be registered. sorry

MKEgal

Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D. said:
I'm tempted to carry two Glock 30's with two spare mags each, just to make a statement. Hopefully my pants will stay up... :)
Suspenders. :D

1137 ...... (7) Pursuant to a valid permit to carry a pistol or revolver, provided
1138 ...... such large capacity magazine (A) is within a pistol or revolver that was
1139 ...... lawfully possessed by the person prior to the effective date of this
1140 ...... section, (B) does not extend beyond the bottom of the pistol grip
Whatever fornication of lawmakers wrote this mess obviously knows very little about firearms.
Can anyone here name me a revolver which
a) uses a magazine
or
b) such magazine is in the grip?
:banghead:

motoxmann

Whatever fornication of lawmakers wrote this mess obviously knows very little about firearms.
Can anyone here name me a revolver which
a) uses a magazine
or
b) such magazine is in the grip?
:banghead:

according the law, the cylinder in a revolver would be defined as it's magazine. and the cylinder obviously does not extend below the grip, so it sadly does make sense.

davidmcbeth

Banned

you can pour concrete in it .. rendering it inoperable ... thats a waste of a mag lol

motoxmann

Can we still carry 10 +1 chambered?

In your house and at the range only....

actually yes you can carry 10 in the mag and 1 chambered anywhere you go, for 11 total in the firearm. the law only states that you cannot have more than 10 rounds installed in the MAGAZINE, it says nothing about the total number of rounds in the entire firearm.

davidmcbeth

Banned
actually yes you can carry 10 in the mag and 1 chambered anywhere you go, for 11 total in the firearm. the law only states that you cannot have more than 10 rounds installed in the MAGAZINE, it says nothing about the total number of rounds in the entire firearm.

clarify: u can have 30 in your house and at the range ...

Its all freaking BS .... I already sent in a declaration basically telling DESPP to take a flying leap if they want to know what guns I have or may not have - DESPP already told me that providing the information per reg. requirements of PA13-3 may result in a safety risk (injury or death). So I told them that, based on the safety risk assessment by DESPP, that the reg. requirements of PA13-3 are not in conformance with our US constitution.

Last edited: