• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Update on National Reciprocity Bill to amend Title 18,the right to CCW in all states

mjones

So the" Idea" is if you have a CCW from another state, you can LOC in California then and get around the PC12031 e ?

No.
The 'license' exemption in 12031 is for a 12050 license holder carrying 'as licensed'.

My opinion is that even if the CCW reciprocity bill goes through someone visiting CA from another state will not have a 12031 exemption for LOC; only an exemption for Loaded while Concealed.

Firemark

How long was the turnaround from Utah?

not to bad I believe it was in the neighborhood of 4 weeks... Florida took longer, there was a bad print they couldnt read had to do it over... guess the Sheriff staff need more practice at finger prints. Florida was 7 weeks.

Last edited:

Firemark

Sarcasm?
He is using the officer's non-specific question and answering it with a true statement.
Now if the officer said "do you have a CA CCW permit" he would of course answer "No"
If he would have said "do you have a license to open carry that in CA" He would of course answer "none is necessary"

+1

Correct... sorry went out to walk dogs, didnt get back fast enough to reply.

Firemark

So the" Idea" is if you have a CCW from another state, you can LOC in California then and get around the PC12031 e ?

Negative, as of right now, PRK does not honor any other states permit for anything... All carry in PRK must be by done the PRK way. UOC ONLY!!! dont think for 1 second we can skirt around this law until it gets rewritten.

The Idea was that now that I have a CCW permit then when simply asked "do you have a permit to carry that..." without any other qualifiers such as ..."in Californa", or ..."here"; answering "Yes I do have a permit." is not lying to a LEO.

If they choose to be confused or believe otherwise is a simple mistake of them drawing a conclusion or making an assumption. Their mistake for not phrasing the question "Do you have a California permit to carry that".

Born2Lose

not to bad I believe it was in the neighborhood of 4 weeks... Florida took longer, there was a bad print they couldnt read had to do it over... guess the Sheriff staff need more practice at finger prints. Florida was 7 weeks.

Man..that has me worried. The skin is peeling on my fingertips right now..what a great time to get printed.
When i got LiveScanned for my Contractors License my fingertips where peeling at that time also...they called me back and i had to go do it again.

(I'm a lizard monster like in the show "V")

OC KIMBER

OC Kimber,

I was thinking the same thing. Anyone recommend a 'service' that aids one with the proper training requirements and documentation to acquire such?

The firing line in Huntington beach does the class on Mondays at 6pm and Thursdays at 12 pm cost is 145.00 and includes passport photos and notary.