• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Use of a toy gun results in murder charges.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I understand your premise, I simply disagree. Though I did not clearly state that. My apologies. Your thinly veiled insult re my intelligence is noted. I'll get over it, no big deal.

It is obvious that the perps could not shoot anyone, irrelevant in my view given the Ohio law provided by MKEgal in Post #8. Their intent was to enable the victim to think that they could be shot, use lethal force to perpetrate their crime(s).

I think the wording of the law is a key element. While cops and prosecutors do charge folks with stuff that they likely know will be dismissed. Where murder is concerned I tend to think that they have more confidence in getting that charge to stick else they would not make the charge.

The high regard in which I hold you is somewhat diminished as a result of this statement and the statement re my intelligence.

I see. OK. I apologize. To Eye95, also.

Lets make a mental note to keep an eye out for this sort of thing.

eye95

Why should I be "kept out" of any discussion?

I may be misunderstanding why you are saying this or what you are saying, so I will reserve judgment on that comment, hoping that you have some innocuous reason behind it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

eye95

Update: All suspects pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter and aggravated burglary. The sentencing recommendation for all four is 10 years.

Ironically, in the same newspaper, immediately to the left of that article is one about another robbery, where a Fairborn resident is shot by one of the robbers and another is pistol-whipped. Bet they now wish they had a gun at-hand, like the "victim" in the first case, who shot one robber to death, wounded another, and created the situation where the four surviving thugs are going to prison.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

eye95

Update: The four were each sentenced to 10 years in the death of their accomplice.

What stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun.