• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Utah Class Sunday March 28th Stafford/Fredricksburg ($75)

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Late notice, but I figure most folks in here have one already if they want it, but just in case...

[align=center]
BCI-Instructor.jpg

Utah Permit Class Date
March 28 (Sun Noon - 6) [/align]

[align=center]Class will be held at Gander Mountain on Plank Road (rt 3)[/align]
[align=center](for those of you who like directions Jersey style - Exit 130B)[/align]

[align=left]There is a shooting requirement (32 of 40 shots (80%) or better at a man sized silhouette at 10 yards) with a standard defensive caliber. The Range time is held directly following the classroom portion. It is held at "The Range" off Potomac Creek Ave in Stafford. The student is responsible for obtaining range material (gun, ammo, eye protection, and hearing protection) 4Permits will provide the target and range time.[/align]

[align=left]If you are interested you can get enrollment details on the web site:[/align]
[align=center]
http://www.4permits.com

Checks accepted, but cash is king!
:celebrate[/align]
[align=center]:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate[/align]

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

TFred wrote:
Just curious, why is there a range requirement for this class? The Utah curriculum does not require it.

And Gander Mountain is in Spotsylvania County... :)

TFred

When I certified they had me produce and submit a course curriculum and a course of fire. I prefer to have it, as there are many thing that come together in a range period that are lost if they are not solidified directly following the instruction.

I guess the simple answer is because I like to do it that way to get a warm fuzzy that the students are walking away with more than a piece of paper.

And yes, GM is in Spotsylvania, but the mailing address is in Fredricksburg...

the store locator page

http://gander.distanthorizon.com/storelocator/storedetail.asp_Q_store_id_E_76

Spotsylvania County, VA Store #340[/b]

3708 Plank Road
Fredericksburg, VA 22407
(540) 548-1330

(some folks think Fredericksburg andthus by association GM,is in Stafford)

TFred

imported post

I understand what you're saying, but I'm not sure it makes sense, to me at least, that different Utah classes should be permitted to have different requirements. I'm sure it is beneficial to have range time, but there are always going to be well experienced folks for whom it's a formality to get the certificate. The consumer-oriented part of my brain thinks people should be given the whole picture so they can make an appropriate choice.

Zip code 22401 is Fred city. I would guess that most Spotsylvania county addresses are listed as Fredericksburg. 22407 and 22408 are the two large and densely populated Spotsy zip codes that are addressed as Fredericksburg. There are similar zip codes in Stafford too, that are addressed as Fredericksburg. It's a constant issue, especially for the counties, because sometimes it results in their tax payments being made to the city instead. They don't tend to like that. :)

TFred

apollosmom

imported post

Bit off topic centerline, but what sort of timeline are your grads averaging on receipt of Utah permits? Am curious as Utah Public Safetyhttp://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/documents/ccwapp_006.pdf application states they have 60 days to process. Took the Utah class at Lafayette Gun Club on the 27th of March and submitted my packet the 30th...noted online at my bank they have already gobbled up my payment of $65.25 on Monday this week. Any experiences?

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

apollosmom wrote:
Bit off topic centerline, but what sort of timeline are your grads averaging on receipt of Utah permits? Am curious as Utah Public Safetyhttp://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/documents/ccwapp_006.pdf application states they have 60 days to process. Took the Utah class at Lafayette Gun Club on the 27th of March and submitted my packet the 30th...noted online at my bank they have already gobbled up my payment of $65.25 on Monday this week. Any experiences?

They, if not getting rushed, can meet the 60 day timeline. Now that is 60 days from the time they take payment.

So, 60 days from Monday of this week.....