• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Utah Valley University threatens open carrying student with arrest - state agenices back student!

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

BB62 wrote:
ixtow wrote: I'm aware, and I agree. I'm just not aware of any example of the law ever being obeyed in this matter. I'd love to see it, because I never have. I'd like to shake the hand of the judge that actually obeys this. I've never seen one.
I tend to agree, but what about Danbus' latest incident? Was he arrested?

Didn't he drop off the face of the earth? As in, got tossed in the slammer and can't post anymore?

For some reason, I'm under the impression that this is so. I'm not trying to start any kind of rumor if that isn't true.

Trekker

imported post

MajorNickmo wrote:
Take a copy of the Utah gun laws with you...
Not that it does any good to know the laws...:?

http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com/shared/gun_law_pdf.pdf

MajorNickmo,

I've reviewed this thread and watched the interview. You handled this situation very well. Have any charges been filed against you, and have you filed any complaint charges against the officers in question?

Trekker

PS First post, long time CCW/CFP holder... getting rapidly up to speed with UT OC