• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL Meeting 9/18/2008

Big Chris

imported post

I will be attending tonight, I'm in town for business from the Chicago area.

RedKnightt

imported post

Big Chris wrote:

Be sure to Open Carry your sidearm if you bring it; you'll never want to go back to Chicago. :) You'll be able to brag to your friends that not only did you OC, you did so in the local station of the Fairfax County Sheriff's Department, located in the same government building in which VCDL holds the NoVa meetings.

After all this freedom inspires to you to return home and found the Illinois Citizen's Defense League, send us the link to the website :)

--RedKnightt--

Zombie Squad has it right: “We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything.”

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Big Chris wrote:

Hope to see you at the supersecret meetup prior to the meeting as well.

Look for the fat white chick with a gun on her hip <grin>.

Big Chris

imported post

I almost brought along a firearm or two, I'm licensed for concealed in 33 states, but I decided against it as my flight originated out of Chicago and I didn't want to chance missing my flight, I couldn't get there much eariler, as they aren't use to those firearm things in Chicago.

Armed

imported post

In a strange twist of fate, my schedule just opened up! I will be leaving work shortly. I look forward to meeting everyone tonight! :)

nova

imported post

I'll be at the soooooper secret location at 6pm.

Hmmm I feel like eating an ostrich tonight.

nova

imported post

Had a great time and nice to meet new people. I wish I could have stayed at Fudds longer but I have some work to do tonight before waking up at 8am tomorrow.

Glock27Bill

imported post

Great turnout.

LOTS of new faces, crossed paths with one of the guys I was talking with at the VCDL booth last weekend in Chantilly.

He's been a member for less than a month and already jumping right in.

Gotta love it.

RedKnightt

imported post

It was a good meeting, with a turnout of about 50 or so. As the newly bearded Phillip van Cleave reminded us, VA Lobby Day is only about 4 months away. Mark your calenders now for Monday, January 19th.

Glock27Bill

imported post

RedKnightt wrote:
It was a good meeting, with a turnout of about 50 or so. As the newly bearded Phillip van Cleave reminded us, VA Lobby Day is only about 4 months away. Mark your calenders now for Monday, January 19th.

There will be more announcements coming, but this year our goal is to increase attendace from 400 (last year) to 1,000!!!

Also on the agenda is to get there early, as last year the chamber was packed with antis, leaving little room for us.

As someone who was privileged to be a group leader last year, I can tell you that this activity WORKS. Nothing gets a politicians attention like a voter (or 1,000) standing right in front of him/her voicing their views.:what:

Anyway,our work starts early this year in recruiting a league of attendees.