• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

peter nap wrote:
I wish I had a recommendation to make.....It's a lot easier to gripe than find a solution :banghead:

That is true for many people. As a matter of fact, I think that is what makes the anti-gunner side so vocal and, at the same time,ineffective. - Thank goodness!

(but do not let me hijack the thread with that statement)

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Thanks , all :)

It was the very least I could do. I have been a free rider on the hard won victories of the VCDL for too long.

But considering how rabidly anti gun Obama is, I felt it was a pressing need to finally make the move.

Does the VCDL do other fundraisers? With a 60 hour a week job, a 8 hour a week commute, and 2 small kids 4 and under, my time to volunteer is definitely lacking. But while I am not rich, I do believe in backing my convictions as best I can.

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I did get my membership info, thanks to all :)

I noticed VCDL sells the GUNS SAVE LIVES sticker on their site, but i do not see anywhere to acquire one with the circular VCDL logo.

I don't know if they have had those in the past, but if it takes some money to print some up I would be willing to kick in for the overhead cost within reason. Maybe if anyone else were interested in buying a sticker like that I would contact the league about it.

I know it will look great next to the oval Gadsden's Flag (don't tread on Me) sticker I am getting. Or under the Gonzales Flag (Come and Take IT) sticker :celebrate:celebrate and maybe one on my side rear window too. :)

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

pourshot wrote:
Skeptic wrote:
I did get my membership info, thanks to all :)

2-22 to 3-7....WOW I guess the changes they made to the membership process are working better than expected! Welcome aboard.
I think it even came earlier but my wife had it in the shred pile. She thought it was the NRA or some politician asking for money :banghead::banghead:

Spectre

imported post

I joined when they were at the Dixie Classic Gun Show at the Showplace. No muss no fuss, and I made a donation, and got a bumper sticker.

Wooley

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Wlcome to the League of Extraordinary Defence ofVirginia Citizens. When you are admitted into the secret initiation ceremony, don't forget to just relax...it's only a sheep, and it's been cleared by a vet so it's clean (just kidding ;)).

If that was in fact true Tomahawk, I would have 17 memberships right now. :what:

Tomahawk

imported post

Wooley wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
Wlcome to the League of Extraordinary Defence ofVirginia Citizens. When you are admitted into the secret initiation ceremony, don't forget to just relax...it's only a sheep, and it's been cleared by a vet so it's clean (just kidding ;)).

If that was in fact true Tomahawk, I would have 17 memberships right now. :what:
Wooley, you're back! Haven't seen you in a while. And I don't quite remember your sheep story, I probably repressed the memory.