• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Vicki McKenna BREAKING....just got this from WIBA news team: "Also just a heads up Pa

Veto The Tax

Now I know we aren't supposed to bash other gun groups but...

What the heck is is with these guys like Gene German. Can you believe he was on Vicki McKenna today trying to take credit for this?

It ain't his arse in the sling here, rather 5 WCI members. Then we get the NRA still wanting mandated training JUST LIKE German.

I say we send ALL these "out-of-state" lobbyists back home.

Somebody go tell German "this ain't MN, we actually HAVE 'right-to-carry' already!"

Then go tell the NRA the same thing. The boat has tipped over and the ccw ban is sinking fast. These "out-of-state" groups are rushing in to make a quick buck at our expense. I say kick them out!

Wisconsin for Wisconsin, NRA and German be damned!

BTW: German's resolution idea fell FLAT ON IT'S FACE. It wasn't the NRA, or German that brought this about, it was ordinary WISCONSIN residents.

J.Gleason

Banned
What the heck is is with these guys like Gene German. Can you believe he was on Vicki McKenna today trying to take credit for this?

It ain't his arse in the sling here, rather 5 WCI members. Then we get the NRA still wanting mandated training JUST LIKE German.

Somebody go tell German "this ain't MN, we actually HAVE 'right-to-carry' already!"

Then go tell the NRA the same thing. The boat has tipped over and the ccw ban is sinking fast. These "out-of-state" groups are rushing in to make a quick buck at our expense. I say kick them out!

BTW: German's resolution idea fell FLAT ON IT'S FACE. It wasn't the NRA, or German that brought this about, it was ordinary WISCONSIN residents.

Couldn't agree with you more Veto! Now we just have to get our legislators to see that we do not need either German nor the NRA involved to make this right. The train is already rolling!

Remember folks the NRA is not always your friend. Remember how they opposed the Heller vs D.C. lawsuit and stayed away from the McDonald vs Chicago lawsuit and then saw how the wind was blowing and jumped in and stole 10 minutes of time?
After the lawsuits were decided in gun owners favor they started thumping their chest saying "just look at what we done" trying to take all the credit for winning those lawsuits and of course increase their monetary contributions coming in.
Beware of the NRA supposedly bearing gifts.

Last edited:

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Email blast from Gene German yesterday

Subject: Wisconsin Patriots Update - Wis. Stat. 941.23 Ruled Unconstitutional
To:
Date: Thursday, October 14, 2010, 1:16 PM

Sometimes life is funny. I doubt average people get out of bed in the morning thinking to them self, “today I think I’ll change the world”.

Average people however, do change the world.

The open carry effort in Wisconsin began in March of 2007 in a hotel meeting room in Sheboygan . Dick Baker who is an average guy had led the Wisconsin Concealed Carry Association for many years and he was disappointed Jim Doyle had been reelected. Dick was thinking it would be another four years before we had a chance to pass a concealed carry law. Dick did not recognize just how valuable Jim Doyle’s veto’s of two conceal carry bills were to changing Wisconsin and guaranteeing our carry rights.

We also had Wis. Stat 941.23 (the states open carry law), the Wisconsin Constitution Article 1, Section 25 (which protected the law per the Hamdan decision), and J B VanHollen as the new Attorney General.

Oh yes, we also had selective members of the law enforcement community with their elitist arrogance and contempt for and harassment of, law abiding citizens who wished to exercise their right to be safe.

Thousands of Wisconsin citizens have been trained since 2004 how to responsible carry and use lethal force. This knowledge had become extinct because the ability to carry had been destroyed by the elitist law enforcers and politicians.

These things taken as a whole were all we needed to start the wheels in motion in the right direction. The legislature could just sit this one out.

As people began to once again learn how to carry, the law enforcers responded as expected with disorderly conduct charges. Brad Krause was the first person to be arrested for disorderly conduct while armed and was tried by West Allis for being lawfully armed. The court however did not agree with these charges and Krause was found not guilty. The open carry Jennie was finally out of the bottle.

After much encouragement, the Attorney General finally came out and issued a memo to instruct law enforcers that open carry was indeed lawful and not itself disorderly conduct.

Thank God for the Madison police. Apparently unbeknownst to them, another concealed carry case (Wisconsin v. Joshua D. Schultz) as working it’s way through the court system in Clark county which challenged Wis. Stat. 941.23 as unconstitutional. When the Madison police retrospectively issued disorderly conduct charges against what has become known as “The Madison Five” for patronizing Culvers while lawfully armed, they really proved Schultz’s case for him. Police powers were being used for the mildest of reasons (someone was “disturbed” by just the sight of a gun) to destroy a persons constitutionally protected right. Today, Wis. Stat. 941.23 was ruled unconstitutional.

Wisconsin has taken a giant step to return to 1871, the year before Wis. Stat. 941.23 was enacted and when citizens could carry a weapon any way they wished. For now this decision applies only to Clark county but it is expected to be appealed to the Wisconsin Supreme court. If upheld this case will make all of Wisconsin a Constitutional carry state. Lawful citizens may then carry weapons either openly or concealed, subject to a few other restrictions.

Enjoy.

Gene German

Gene has an "interesting" perspective.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Hmm, I think this has already been posted. Some here were even criticizing dismissively this pro-gun-control spokesperson.

Thanks NOT for the spam.

My sincerest apologies Doug. I know you only have a sparse limited amount of time to devote to online forums and if my posting usurped that precious time I apologize.

I no longer read every thread in the forum because there is too much bs. I try to just sift through and pull the information-based postings. Inherently that will mean I will miss a post, but thank-you for bringing it to my attention that I spammed you. Again, I apologize for the time it wasted in your day.

comp45acp

My sincerest apologies Doug. I know you only have a sparse limited amount of time to devote to online forums and if my posting usurped that precious time I apologize.

I no longer read every thread in the forum because there is too much bs. I try to just sift through and pull the information-based postings. Inherently that will mean I will miss a post, but thank-you for bringing it to my attention that I spammed you. Again, I apologize for the time it wasted in your day.

Hee, Hee, Hee. Thanks Nik for starting my day off with a good laugh. I am SO glad that Doug never spams anyone with his endless B.S.

Veto The Tax

Interesting perspective????

He is HELPING the anti gun folks. His "RETURN to...." statement is EXACTLY the same as the "wild west" statements of the anti.

You guys in WI don't need any enemies with "friends" like German.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

No, "interesting" perspective. Perhaps my use of quotes was too subtle.

I think people can read his email and draw their own conclusions.

I sent an email blast around to all of our members yesterday letting them know of the decision. I was very careful to only state the facts of the situation and not try to preface the information with a spun-up story of why it happened or in some way try to connect WCI to getting credit for the situation.

As I read Gene's email, COMPLETELY missing from the email is part of the justification the judge gave in his decision which is the Heller and McDonald cases.

NOT missing from Gene's email is an attempt to assign credit for the open-carry movement in Wisconsin:

The open carry effort in Wisconsin began in March of 2007 in a hotel meeting room in Sheboygan .

The open-carry movement began FAR before this.

I recall when the preemption law passed in 95 and the TV news in Wisconsin did a lot of commenting on the fact that open-carry would then be legal.

Of course at that time, Police Chiefs were interviewed and SOME assured people they would be arrested for disorderly conduct. I specifically recall hearing OTHERS say that if you were walking your dog armed at night, as long as you were open-carrying, not concealing you would be within the law.

There are people that were open-carrying FAR before 2007 and I believe that the "open-carry movement" started long before that as well. But I guess when you want to assign credit for the open carry movement, its in your interest to ignore others.

Thousands of Wisconsin citizens have been trained since 2004 how to responsible carry and use lethal force. This knowledge had become extinct because the ability to carry had been destroyed by the elitist law enforcers and politicians.

Oh really? So before 2004 NO ONE knew how to responsibly carry or responsibly use lethal force? Another categorical misrepresentation of fact. (that is what extinct means)

I know lots of people who have training going back way before 2004 who had the knowledge and training to carry and use lethal force.

As people began to once again learn how to carry, the law enforcers responded as expected with disorderly conduct charges. Brad Krause was the first person to be arrested for disorderly conduct

Wrong... not when people began to LEARN to carry but when they began to ACTUALLY CARRY. Brad Krause was certainly not the first to be arrested. He perhaps the first "recent" publicized example of someone being CHARGED, but he wasn't the first to carry and wasn't the first to be arrested.

No one person, NO one group, NO one event deserves credit for the resurgence of rights in Wisconsin.

Thousands of individuals, perhaps hundreds of thousands, dozens of groups, hundreds of events were the catalyst of the resurgence of freedom in Wisconsin. Heck, the INTERNET deserves credit for the resurgence of freedom in Wisconsin. It allows like minded individuals to share information like never before. OCDO deserves credit, other websites deserve credit. Some say Gov. Doyle deserves credit for the open-carry movement in Wisconsin.

Last edited:

comp45acp

Very well said Nik and very accurate. The open carry "movement" has been there for a long time and many, many people have contributed to that effort. That certainly includes Gene German but by no means was he the lone spark that started the raging fire now burning. I don't think there are going to be any monuments built to some one person who brought Liberty back to Wisconsin. It was and is a collective effort by people who are determined to reclaim their rights.

kevlub

WEAU TV 13, a NBC station out of Eau Claire has a poll on their website asking if people agree with the judges decision to dismiss the case. Right now it is about 82% in agreement with the judge. It just takes a minute to vote. They put the poll results on air. It would be GREAT to see those numbers stay that lopsided on a NBC station. Vote at:
http://www.weau.com/

phred

WEAU TV 13, a NBC station out of Eau Claire has a poll on their website asking if people agree with the judges decision to dismiss the case. Right now it is about 82% in agreement with the judge. It just takes a minute to vote. They put the poll results on air. It would be GREAT to see those numbers stay that lopsided on a NBC station. Vote at:
http://www.weau.com/

Just voted (Yes, of course)

As of 4:30 PM:
Yes 85.42%
No 14.58

hardballer

Boot them to the curb.

Couldn't agree with you more Veto! Now we just have to get our legislators to see that we do not need either German nor the NRA involved to make this right. The train is already rolling!
Agreed.

Remember folks the NRA is not always your friend. Remember how they opposed the Heller vs D.C. lawsuit and stayed away from the McDonald vs Chicago lawsuit and then saw how the wind was blowing and jumped in and stole 10 minutes of time?
After the lawsuits were decided in gun owners favor they started thumping their chest saying "just look at what we done" trying to take all the credit for winning those lawsuits and of course increase their monetary contributions coming in.
Beware of the NRA supposedly bearing gifts.
Totally agree. I no longer support them. In part because of the Heller and McDonald business and now because of the rash of them supporting anti gun, Democrats.

He is HELPING the anti gun folks. His "RETURN to...." statement is EXACTLY the same as the "wild west" statements of the anti.

You guys in WI don't need any enemies with "friends" like German.
Yep!

rotty

I mail stickers and a welcome letter to every member.

You did indeed Sir, and I am rockin' it right next to my Glock sticker on my back window. I even had some conversations with some people from Baraboo and Reedsburg yesterday when I was there for work.

Sent them to your website for more information.