• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Victory for OC in Manhattan Beach

markm

Another Tactical Angle...

Hey Harley,

Another tactic that you may use is 1A.

Examples:

1) When nude artist parade around SF with nothing but their body paint, no arrests for indecent exposure occur.

2) When gun rights activists follow state protocol for a rally at our KA capital, the CHP does not arrest for having guns on a state park.

Why is this??

1A does trump lesser laws.

I am opining that since your 2A gun rights booth, which is in the "Free Speech" area of the fair, would be covered under 1A protections, even if the booth was within a GFSZ. You have, in effect, received a permit from the fair board and the police chief to have a 1A booth at the fair; therefore, 1A may be the controlling civil right!

Chalk this up to "thinking out loud" (while on a blog).

markm

Last edited:

hgreen

Hey Harley,

Examples:

1) When nude artist parade around SF with nothing but their body paint, no arrests for indecent exposure occur.

2) When gun rights activists follow state protocol for a rally at our KA capital, the CHP does not arrest for having guns on a state park.

Why is this??

I am opining that since your 2A gun rights booth, which is in the "Free Speech" area of the fair, would be covered under 1A protections, even if the booth was within a GFSZ. You have, in effect, received a permit from the fair board and the police chief to have a 1A booth at the fair; therefore, 1A may be the controlling civil right!

markm

Thank you for your encouraging words and suggestions.

As you may know the media cuts whatever you say down to about... well, you saw how long that piece was. For that piece I was interviewed on camera with them for over 20 minutes giving example and telling the story and you saw what ended up on tv.

I do try to use those examples and many other facts, but unfortunately it is mostly lost on the media. That is why I try to get as much media coverage as possible so that together the truth hopefully will shine through.

Wc

Hey Harley,

Examples:

Why is this??

markm

Yep, you got that right due to: http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2010/09/22/beach-cities-to-pay-420k-over-grocery-labor-protests/

The cities of Hermosa Beach and Manhattan Beach now know that violating the First Amendment rights of citizens will cost them dearly.