• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Videotaping a T-stop and open carrying

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
If cops do not have issues with law abiding citizens carrying firearms, then why are there so many reports and videos, of officers having issues with citizens carrying firearms?

I stated, "cops do not have issues with law abiding citizens and guns"....people carrying guns openly is different...

Folks that are OCing are going against the norms of today's society, therefore, folks have to continue to educate LE, not be confrontational with LE. That is why I would suggest to people that OC be patient with LEOs they encounter, because even those in LE (who also come from society) have to learn to adjust to the average citizen carrying a firearm openly. I would not tell a person to put away their firearm, if they are legally possessing and carrying a firearm, I would tell people to be patient with LE until the mindset of society has had time to change. Although many folks do not believe it, however, as society goes, so goes the LE community.....our LEOs reflect us and our community beliefs.

I would just ask those that OC to be patient and continue to educate LEOs in a positive way, not as a confrontational group or force that is going to stick it to the man....those that do will continue to....:banghead:....those that realize LE do not know every gun law on the books and talk with LEOs, those folks will eventually come to understand that LEOs are regular people that need to learn just like the rest of society.....:cool:

Wow just WOW.