• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virginia Beach pizza shop offering discount to gun owners

MagiK_SacK

I hope this isnt a dumb question but will there be any way to see this interview tonight?

Just got back from All Around Pizza and this was a remote interview so Piers was not there. As I was leaving I asked a guy working from the Sat Truck and he said it will be on tonight @ 9:00 on CNN. I currently have the program set to record if I fall asleep before it comes on. WTKR was showing up just after the interview was over and I was leaving, so keep an eye out for a recap on WTRK as well.

mpg9999

About 3 hours ago, someone named Jay Laze posted a picture of Morgan on his own Facebook page with a description that says "We are filming Piers Morgon tonight, ON LOCATION, at All Around Pizza."

Then someone else "shared" that picture on the VCDL Facebook page. I have no idea who Jay Laze is, or who "we" is referring to, but for what it's worth, that is how this information came about.

TFred

That would be me who shared it on the VCDL group facebook page. There is a VCDL "page" and a VCDL "group" on facebook. I shared it with the VCDL group. PVC was probably looking at the VCDL "page" page. At any rate, I don't know Jay Laze personally, but based on his post I assumed he works at All Around Pizza. We have a lot of mutual friends, so it showed up in my feed when they liked it. I thought it would be something VCDL members would be interested in.

HearseGuy

Didnt see anything on the news either. Perhaps he made Piers look like a complete jackass. They wouldnt show you that interview!

Then again, every time Piers opens his mouth he sounds like a jackass...so i dunno...

Glockster

Not only was the no aired interview, but when I checked the VCDL Facebook group page, all of those posts have been removed. :confused:

That would be me who shared it on the VCDL group facebook page. There is a VCDL "page" and a VCDL "group" on facebook. I shared it with the VCDL group. PVC was probably looking at the VCDL "page" page. At any rate, I don't know Jay Laze personally, but based on his post I assumed he works at All Around Pizza. We have a lot of mutual friends, so it showed up in my feed when they liked it. I thought it would be something VCDL members would be interested in.

Glockster

Here's the link to the actual interview on the CNN site: http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2013/02/27/pmt-pizza-guy.cnn

Dolt: "These armed people who you have no idea who they are coming into your restaurant...."
Yeah, he does -- they're called law abiding customers you dolt....

Dolt: "There are already 50 gun control measures in America and they're all imminently sensible....." (whatever the heck that means....as imminent refers to "likely to occur at any moment"....so he's saying that they're likely to be sensible at any moment???)

Dolt: "And every statistic you can possibly see would tell you that when you have a house or a room, or dare I say it, your restaurant with loads of guns around, accidents happen and people get shot and killed. That's a reality."
Wow, I mean, how exactly do you even respond to someone that lives in a world with a different colored sky than normal people?

Dolt: "How many people have been shot in your restaurant since you've owned it?"
Jay: "Ah, zero."
Dolt: "So actually there's been no gun threat to your restaurant whatsoever. The only threat now is because you're encouraging all these people who may or may not be criminals or mentally insane people to come in armed to the teeth with weapons, the likelihood of there being an accident in your place or somebody doing something stupid has just massively increased."

As disgusting as anticipated. I thought that all in all that the owner did *okay* but for starters I wish that he wasn't seemingly nodding his head in agreement anytime Dolt said anything.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Opinion........Well, he didn't make a fool out of himself by jumping on the soap box and Morgan did, as usual.

He (Laze) didn't make much impact either. He let Morgan control the interview and didn't say much...which IMO is a good thing.

Score, Morgan was his usual idiotic self and Laze will thankfully be overlooked.

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Well I noticed that Morgan is quite a anti-gun Dork...
His last line of the interview was this....
"I hope this fails spectacularly"!!!

Apparently, he wishes for some shooting problems at this business,, just to prove his views

Glockster

Opinion........Well, he didn't make a fool out of himself by jumping on the soap box and Morgan did, as usual.

He (Laze) didn't make much impact either. He let Morgan control the interview and didn't say much...which IMO is a good thing.

Score, Morgan was his usual idiotic self and Laze will thankfully be overlooked.

That is a good point in never underestimating the value of the guy being interviewed not coming across as someone about to climb the stairs to the clock tower as some recently interviewed certainly did. Laze in that sense came across very non-threatening, non-radical....if anything, perhaps as a guy who wanted to simply increase his business.

2a4all

We were there while the interview was being conducted. While we couldn't hear what was being said, it lasted a lot longer than what you saw on TV.

Very few individuals are a match for an experienced on-air personality who wants to debate, especially when s/he controls the interview, both through the questions asked and the post production editing. Since Morgan is known for asking "clever" questions to shape his one-sided arguments, our stalwart restaurant owner walked into a bear trap. Of course, it didn't hurt Morgan's case (in the public eye) that he aired this interview as a segment immediately following a segment featuring Sandy Hook.

We all applauded when the interview was over, but I fear that this time, David didn't fare so well against Goliath.