• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Visiting Colorado

Count

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hi Everyone,

I am in Durango for a ski trip. So far I open carried everywhere the last three days. The most pleasantly surprised I am open carrying in the Diamond Belle saloon, while sitting at the bar for two hours. I listened to a live Blue Grass band and was sitting right in front of them wearing a short sleeve polo shirt and a Glock 17 in a law enforcement holster. I didn't drink alcohol. Since, I swhitched seats several times, and the bar was well lit, one of the band members jokingly told someone in my way to make room for the guy with the pistol.... Another one sitting behind me was talking to his friend saying that is a Glock... Accross the street three buildings just burned down and there were about three patrol cars outside. Nobody panicked and called the cops in to check me out. I open carried at my Doubletree hotel, Dennys, Del Taco, and everywhere I went. The whole thing was a non-event. I am really impressed!!! If you guys visit Durango you'll love it here...

UTOC-45-44

imported post

reefteach wrote:
Colorado no longer accepts licenses of other states if you do not reside in the state that issued the license.

VERY TRUE.

I had that discussion with a Sargeant Miyakusu in Colorado Springs and I respect the way that he handled it due to the fact that he stated the Fact that I could NOT CCW due to fact that I was from Utah. We hung up and he called back later, apologized, and said that I was within my right to CCW in CO.

I knew this before hand due to fact that I had talked to Agent Kitchen at BCI in CO but just wanted to see Colorado Springs PD's take on it.

They know better now

TJ

Gunslinger

imported post

reefteach wrote:
I have OCed in parts of Colorado Springs and Old Colorado City. It is very pro gun, and OC is generally accepted. One snag is at the Garden of the Gods, which has banned guns for some reason. My FL concealed carry license is not good in Colorado anymore because I am a resident of OH, so OC was the only way to go.
Garden of the Gods is owned by the city of Colorado Springs. The Colorado preemptive law prohibits them from banning firearms where state law would otherwise permit them--particularly with respect to CCW holdersor CC in your car. I've been there and carried--concealed. On top of which, Colorado Springs and El Paso county are as pro-gun as any place in the US. I think you have bad info.