• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Voice Recorder Pays Off!!

Silverfox44

imported post

When they run your license now it does show up that you have a CWP.

Personally, I would have told the officer prior to givinghim my driver's Lic, simply,

Officer I have a Concealed weapon in my possession. That is just my position on the matter. It was nice to have the whole incident recorded.;)

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
You mean I am NOT perfect??!!

I have no business being a cop then... I will quit tomorrow morning. I guess I should look into being a ditch digger or painter.

:lol:
My father in law was a professional painter for over 30 years, and his son still is. Does being a cop make you better than them?

Silverfox44

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
You mean I am NOT perfect??!!

I have no business being a cop then... I will quit tomorrow morning. I guess I should look into being a ditch digger or painter.

:lol:
My father in law was a professional painter for over 30 years, and his son still is. Does being a cop make you better than them?
I do not understand your post and comment to my post. As a Police Officer, would you not like t know if the driver you stopped was carrying a weapon on him?

bayboy42

imported post

Reading comprehension is at an all-time low on this thread:banghead::uhoh:

Sgt Jensen responded to LEO229's degrading comments towards ditch diggers and painters......NOT your desire to inform and LEO whether or not you are carrying concealed.

Make sense now?

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

I think I might understand what you are saying. Are you assuming that my screen name (SGT Jensen) refers to my rank as a police officer? If so, I would like to clarify that I am NOT an LEO, I am a Sergeant in the U.S. Army. If you still want my opinion, if it was not required to notify the officer about a weapon, then I would not notify.

Lets look at Utah a CCW rule...

R722-300-12. Requirement to Notify Peace Officer When Stopped.

When a concealed firearm permit holder or certificate of qualification holder is stopped for questioning by a peace officer based on reasonable suspicion in accordance with Section 77-7-15 and the holder has a concealed firearm in his/her possession, the holder shall immediately advise the peace officer that he/she is a lawful holder and has a concealed firearm in his/her possession.

Does this mean that if my firearm in not concealed, am I still required to notify?

TEX1N

imported post

:question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question:

IMO, this thread is DONE!!!! Please let it RIP...

swatpro911

imported post

hi, cops in fairfax they do get the state of the art training on police role, police beat, situation control etc, those who spend more time and pass certain test usually move up and knows the streets well. Those who are at starting level, even after several years stay the same as police officer I. I would guess the officer who said, he would have shot you if u had gotten out of your car is still a rookie with aged face. What several police agency fail to realize that as the technology and and rules are changing, tactics need to change and evolve.

swat

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

TEX1N wrote:
:question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question:

IMO, this thread is DONE!!!!  Please let it RIP...

Wait, hold on, we might be about to get more professional, expert advice from swatpro911! :monkey

Edit: that's two dead threads I've been fooled into responding to. :cry: