• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Voice Recorders, videos, photos, and VA law

Tomahawk

imported post

Citizen wrote:
peter nap wrote:
SNIP The word is snippy Citizen. Soccer Moms and crusaders....get snippy
:D

You know, that's actually pretty apt.

As opposed to snooty, which is what matre 'd's get.

This was in an indoor rec center pool area?

I use the Fairfax Co. rec center pools and the last one I went to had a sign on the locker room door that said cellphone and camera use were not permitted in the locker room and pool area.

Presumably, this is because there are naked people, including little kids, in the locker room, and lots of unruly adolescents and pre-teens in the pool area. And lots of little kids in the shallow end whose parents probably get creeped out by guys with cameras.

That said, there is a window upstairs in the lobby that looks out on the pool, and I recall no sign there.

My take? Locker room: obviously illegal to photograph. Pool area probably just a local rule. Violate it and be prepared for an argument of some sort.

GWRedDragon

imported post

Sheriff wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Does that then mean I am not OCing if there is not somebody there to see it.? :)

Yata hey

Technically, yes.

Open Carry means in plain view. There's nobody to "view" it. :D

If a tree falls in the woods, and there's nobody around to hear it, does it make a sound?

The answer is ~no~. Sound as we know it is vibration, transmitted to our senses through the mechanism of the ear, and recognized as sound only at our nerve centers. The falling of the tree or any other disturbance will produce vibration of the air. If there be no ears to hear, there will be no sound.
Sure, but it's not like they could charge you for CCing without a permit or whatever because someone would have to be a witness to it, and then you'd be OCing :lol:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Sheriff wrote:
nakedshoplifter wrote:
but... I am not allowed to be naked in my car, therefore no expectation of privacy.
I know what you are saying, but it's not quite accurate. You can ride around naked all night in your car as long as nobody sees anything that would amount to an indecent exposure charge. :D
Does that then mean I am not OCing if there is not somebody there to see it.? :)

Well, if you areOCing yourGlock, there would be no logical phallus-see.

:D

(That's a triple entendre, folks. Very rare.)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

GWRedDragon wrote:
Sheriff wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey

Technically, yes.

Open Carry means in plain view. There's nobody to "view" it. :D

If a tree falls in the woods, and there's nobody around to hear it, does it make a sound?

The answer is ~no~. Sound as we know it is vibration, transmitted to our senses through the mechanism of the ear, and recognized as sound only at our nerve centers. The falling of the tree or any other disturbance will produce vibration of the air. If there be no ears to hear, there will be no sound.
Sure, but it's not like they could charge you for CCing without a permit or whatever because someone would have to be a witness to it, and then you'd be OCing :lol:
If you're CCing without a permit, you don't have a gun...Everyone knows that!:uhoh:

possumboy

imported post

peter nap wrote:
I'm beginning to wonder what the problem is Possumboy. They told you not to take pictures of your kids. I understand that. So what?

Was it a cop...if not, tell them to F Off.

I have people tell me not to do things all the time. I'm well pratcised inm telling them to F off ...or just ignoring them.

The Richmond police told me not to take their pictures at the Coliseum.

My kids are there for a lot of classes. I want it understood that I am allowed to take pictures. I do not want the annoyance of telling someone to "F Off" everytime I go there.

I have very few days that I can make classes, sometime only once or twice a year. It completely ruins the day if I have to talk to the staff about something they should not be even bothering me with.

possumboy

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
As opposed to snooty, which is what matre 'd's get.

This was in an indoor rec center pool area?

I use the Fairfax Co. rec center pools and the last one I went to had a sign on the locker room door that said cellphone and camera use were not permitted in the locker room and pool area.

Presumably, this is because there are naked people, including little kids, in the locker room, and lots of unruly adolescents and pre-teens in the pool area. And lots of little kids in the shallow end whose parents probably get creeped out by guys with cameras.

That said, there is a window upstairs in the lobby that looks out on the pool, and I recall no sign there.

My take? Locker room: obviously illegal to photograph. Pool area probably just a local rule. Violate it and be prepared for an argument of some sort.
That is where I'm at now. I violated the no pool area "request".

possumboy

imported post

I received a call just stating that Mr. Blunt was waiting for the county attorney.

Hedid make it a point to say that was was not told I could not, just asked not to out of consideration for other parents.

I let him know that was not true. With the subject was first asked, I was told that I could not take pictures in the pool area. After I pushed back was when I got the "we request" answers.

Do not know if it is important or not they are saying they never told me no.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

possumboy wrote:
I received a call just stating that Mr. Blunt was waiting for the county attorney.

Hedid make it a point to say that was was not told I could not, just asked not to out of consideration for other parents.

I let him know that was not true. With the subject was first asked, I was told that I could not take pictures in the pool area. After I pushed back was when I got the "we request" answers.

Solution to he said, she said is a digital recorder; preferably with download capacity.

Yata hey

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
SNIP Solution to he said, she said is a digital recorder; preferably with download capacity.
I need a scratching-my-head-trying-to-figure-out-what-he-just-said smiley. :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
SNIP Solution to he said, she said is a digital recorder; preferably with download capacity.
I need a scratching-my-head-trying-to-figure-out-what-he-just-said smiley. :)
Jus' atryin' ta keep ya from scratchin' elswheres in public - that be a real bad habit ya gots there.

My recorder doesn't lie and that's the truth.

Yata hey

possumboy

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
possumboy wrote:

Solution to he said, she said is a digital recorder; preferably with download capacity.

Yata hey
I was on my way to work. I cannot carry mine at work so I was not wearing it. Just about any other time I would have had mine running.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

possumboy wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
I was on my way to work. I cannot carry mine at work so I was not wearing it. Just about any other time I would have had mine running.
A lot like only carrying a gun when you're going to need it, isn't it. :?

Surely your employer doesn't forbid recorders in your vehicle. I know, here we go with the put it on, take it off thing again. Kind of just pickin' on you. :)

Yata hey

possumboy

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
possumboy wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
A lot like only carrying a gun when you're going to need it, isn't it. :?

Surely your employer doesn't forbid recorders in your vehicle. I know, here we go with the put it on, take it off thing again. Kind of just pickin' on you. :)

Yata hey
They don't forbid it, I just cannot have it if I want to park in the secure garage. It is one of those rules that they never really check for, but you never know who you are going to upset so you follow it.