• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Volunteers to take flyers to your local gun shops

littlewolf

Put out flyer's
Sandber Corners (gas ,guns,and beer), IOLA
JR's Sport Shop, IOLA
B-BAR 10, AMHERST (western wear and lots of gun leather)
Hardware Hank , Marion
Farm & Fleet , CLINTONVILLE
Out again tomarrow

oliverclotheshoff

flyers came in yestarday will get to getin tomorrow during my day off

i was going to ht
R&R shooters in mauston
the gas station/bait shop in mauston by kmart
Wi river meats
any bait/gun shop in necedah
the pawn and gun in necedah
hardware sport store/bait shop in lyndon station

by the way awsome color choice nothing gets your attention more than bright orange

Last edited:

metalman383

Hit up a gun shop, I never even knew was there. I was driving through, and pulled a sharp u turn, to drop off flyers. I walked into the very small, friendly shop and was greeted with a big "Hello, wow, orange flyers", I then proceeded, to introduce myself as being a member of W.A.V.E. You should have seen the look on his face, it was priceless. Very nice people at Chicago Bob's Gun Shop, in Augusta. Has anybody hit Rice Lake, or Barron area? I am not sure what is up there, besides Bear Paw, but there has to be more.

paul@paul-fisher.com

OK. I have finally sorted the spreadsheet by County and then by location city so that it makes my job easier to figure out what's around me. The county is still a number but what I did was look for a city I knew the county of, then printed out that whole county number. I'm going to hit up the rest of Walworth County today.

http://docs.google.com/a/paul-fishe...3YVFPS1FPR3dwTlE&sort=name&layout=list&num=50

Once again, you may have to log out of any Google login you have to access this.

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

I will be working on that list, adding the actual county names as well.

I went to over half the registered FFL's in Walworth County today. (County code 127). Very interesting. Several were private houses with no visible business or hours posted so I crossed them off my list. One guy said 'I've been waiting for you' when I walked in with my WCI t-shirt on.

Overall a good day.

So,

I went to:

TACKL Equipment, Burlington - Private house
DUNHAMS - Delavan. Could not find the manager I talked to last week. Will go again next week.
GUNS OF DELAVAN - Delavan. Could not find the building.
TRIP WIRE - Richmond - Delavan mailing address. Very interesting place. Very pro-rights.
HOLE IN THE WALL - Delavan. Private home.
BARKER LUMBER - Delavan. Not interested. They don't sell guns anymore.
DAM ROAD GUN SHOP - Delavan. Nice people as usual. Very pro CC.
ARROW SMITHS - Lake Geneva. Was told by his ATF contact that he couldn't conceal carry in his own store, property he owns. :banghead: Very pro carry.
GENEVA LAKE BAIT & TACKLE - Williams Bay. Nice guy, doesn't deal with guns on a daily basis. Only has FFL for regular customers. Will hand out flyers to his regulars.
LAKE GENEVA ANTIQUE MALL - Lake Geneva. Neutral. Was concerned about training. Put flyers on counter.

So, I need to do East Troy, Springfield, Elkhorn, Sharon and Darien and then Walworth County will be done.

The one listed in Walworth County with a Whitewater mailing address is closed.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Got the flyers today. Will start the tour Monday. Too bad it wasn't summer, sounds like some board members like riding around the SW Wis hills.

oliverclotheshoff

flyers came in yestarday will get to getin tomorrow during my day off

i was going to hit
R&R shooters in mauston done
the gas station/bait shop in mauston by kmart done
Wi river meats
any bait/gun shop in necedah
the pawn and gun in necedah done
hardware sport store/bait shop in lyndon station
hardware store inmauston done

by the way awsome color choice nothing gets your attention more than bright orange

will do the rest on monday or tuesday

Last edited:

jeff niles

flayers

i have done Dunham's Janesville,Gander Janesville,Walmart will get back to me, Addie's fire arms Janesville,Thunder Ranch Milton,Safari sporting goods Jefferson,Mikes Guns Jefferson.Jeff Niles The bait shop janesville,will do beloit soon.12/31/10 I did deerfield Pistol,Toms Guns in Marshall,ans I have stopped at gas stations and put on public post boards all over.

Last edited:

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
SW Wis Tour

Dodgeville, Cobb, Highland, Muscoda, Avoca

With two exceptions, the FFLs listed for these communities were private homes or no longer in operation.

Palan's Outpost, a FFL in Highland is closed on Mondays. Will stop again on another trip in the area.
Joden's, a FFL in Muscoda, gunsmithing, hunting & fishing items - left flyers on counter with owners ok.
Easy Stop, a convenience store in Avoca - left flyers next to DOR information with owners ok.
Dino's, a hunters welcome eating location, big buck contest sponsor in Dodgeville - left flyers next to big buck entry photos with ok of owner's son.
Dean's Bait, a convenience store in Dodgeville - left flyers on counter with owners ok.

Sale outlets for hunting/fishing licenses may turn out to be a good location for flyer distribution.

http://dnr.wi.gov/org/caer/cs/licenseagents/

Last edited:

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
I just dropped off flyers at locations in Marshfield:

Bullseye Sports
Dunham's Sports
Marv's Gun Shop

On Thursday night the indoor range will be open at the Central Wisconsin Sportsman's Club so I will drop flyers off there as well. By the way, the manager at Dunham's Sports was very supportive of the cause.

CalicoJack10

I am not on your members list yet, I have to get stamps to mail the form. But I can certainly cover Rhinelander, Arbor Vitae, Woodruff, Minocqua, and Statton's General Store in Tomahawk if nobody has that yet. Just let me know.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I am not on your members list yet, I have to get stamps to mail the form. But I can certainly cover Rhinelander, Arbor Vitae, Woodruff, Minocqua, and Statton's General Store in Tomahawk if nobody has that yet. Just let me know.

Hey CalicoJack, We do have flyers sent up to a member in Arbor Vitae, but I don't know if he is/was able to get around to Rhinelander and Tomahawk. I'll check in with him and see. I might be able to just have you swing by his restaurant and pick up some extra's he has. I would definitely like to get some flyers to Rhinlander and Tomahawk area as well as any places in Woodruff/Minocqua that he didn't make it around to.

CalicoJack10

Oh, I am betting I know exactly who you mean. I have had a taste for some BBQ lately anyway. I will swing in and see what he says.