• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walmart Rationing Ammo?

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Bill in VA wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
Cool, I hope someone else was able to get ammo too after you finished congratulating for buying up nearly everything in sight. THAT is why there is a shortage, which of course is making the liberals and anti gunners laugh at the weak point in gun ownership. No ammo, guns are pretty useless. They don't even have to get a good rumor going, we are our own worst enemy.
Waaaaah!!! You snooze and you lose. It's simple economics...supply and demand, junior.There's no rationing at my Walmart and the shelves are getting fuller with each passing day. Not that it's any of your crybaby business, but I buy in bulk not to hoard but to: 1. save money, 2. save time, and 3. because when I go to the range I don't take a piddly 50 round box. I generally run through several hundred rounds at a time. LastSaturday I ran through 450 rds of 9mm, 120 rds .223, 20 rds 7.62x54R, and and 330 rds of .22LR. If you want to wait and buy at your leisure, do so, but don't piss and moan when you wait and find the shelves bare. Either that, or learn to reload. Otherwise, maybe you need to find a hobby better suited to children, then, like Parcheesi.
20 rounds of 7.62x54r? Awww does it hurts your shoulder too much after going through your toy 9mm and .223 rounds? Crap, I burn through that stuff like candy. If I don't shoot at least 100 rounds per session, I'm probably forgot to grab some.

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:

20 rounds of 7.62x54r? Awww does it hurts your shoulder too much after going through your toy 9mm and .223 rounds? Crap, I burn through that stuff like candy. If I don't shoot at least 100 rounds per session, I'm probably forgot to grab some.
That boat just does notfloat .

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Sorry, guess in South Carolina, folks don't shoot a mere 100 rounds or more of full power ammo in a session. They do here. I've gone mosin shooting with two other folks, and we've burnt through a 440 round can in a single session.

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Sorry, guess in South Carolina, folks don't shoot a mere 100 rounds or more of full power ammo in a session. They do here. I've gone mosin shooting with two other folks, and we've burnt through a 440 round can in a single session.

And my shoulder was sore (and black and blue) the following day. Thats the only caliber I currently don't reload, mainly because reloadable brass is so hard to find.

Glockguy

imported post

Here In Oregon....at the Lebanon walmart I went in there and they had a TON Of Federal .40 ammo... their limit is six Boxes(300rounds) But I only picked up 200 rounds.. Iv been Seeing alot more ammo around here

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

It seems like no one is talking about boycotting Wal-Mart lately. Useta be we'd have 3 or 4 calls a week for boycotting Wally World. Now, all we seem to do is go over there and beg for (subsidized) ammo....

Hmm, maybe we're losing the edge, guys.

Are we becoming... liberals?
39.gif

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Bill in VA wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
Well sv-libertarian, once again you show how childish you are. First you whine and cry and get your vagina full of sand over someone clear on the other side of the side of the country who bought more ammo than you thought they should because your local Walmart happens to limit your purchases, and now you puff up your chest about how manly you are to shoot more 7.62x54R than I did on a particular day. One of these days you'll grow up (and when you eventually doreach your 21st birthday it still won't make you an adult in your thoughts and deeds.) But until you begin buying ammo by the pallet, shooting a couple of your own machineguns every other weekend, and maintaining an FFL you go ahead and bluster about how toguh and self-rightweous you are with your $50 Mosin Nagantif it makes you feel like a big boy. Otherwise, go away, adults are talking right now.
No, actually I started out by pointing out how someone bitches about not being able to find ammo, and then reacts by doing the very thing that keeps people from finding ammo. That in turn leads to reduced supply, and the continued perception of a shortage, and the next bubba comes along and freaks out and repeats the process. For someone who claims to have an FFL (assuming it's not just an 03) which implies a business you sure don't know shit about supply and demand. They have books on that sort of thing you know. Or are you too busy shooting your penis substitute "machine guns" to read?

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

I've found this VERY useful in finding all kinds of ammo and at the best prices. Just enter your zip code and pick the caliber you're looking for, it does the rest usually finding many MANY deals and figures out the cost PER ROUND including freight.

I use it a lot, I think you will to, enjoy...

http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?

blowfish852252000

imported post

Magix wrote:
I stopped by the local Walmart and they had a shipment of 40 boxes of 9mm ammo...FINALLY. I've been checking for the last two months and I thought I was dreaming when I saw it there on the shelf.

I planned on buying 10 bricks when the employee told me there was a store limit of 2 boxes! WTH? Why would Walmart even care who they sell the ammo to? I understand there's a ammo shortage but there's no good reason why a company like this would want to ration the ammunition. They sell the prodoct and get the same amount of money no matter who or how many people buy it. This is completely irrational business behavior IMHO. :banghead:

So I only got 100 rounds of practice ammo from them after checking for two months. That's just sad. (But at least it was well priced)

Anyone else have this experience? Anyway to get around it?
I had to bring in friends to buy with me so i could get more