• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Warren City Council

mikestilly

imported post

hamaneggs wrote:
If you have basic comcast cable,the council meeting is on channel 5 now,on Warren TV. They're on #16 at the beginig,which means it will be awhile before Mike's speech,which is just after #17 starts in the schedule.When they show the audience view,you can see Brian on the left,in the front row, where we were.My wife watched it last night and saw what we went through,so she wasn't worried how long I was gone.She does worry about me,even though she wouldn't confess to it!

For those of you who want to watch it. I will be getting the video from John soon and will be posting on Youtube as well. Can't wait to see it myself.

Mike

Haman J.T.

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
hamaneggs wrote:
If you have basic comcast cable,the council meeting is on channel 5 now,on Warren TV. They're on #16 at the beginig,which means it will be awhile before Mike's speech,which is just after #17 starts in the schedule.When they show the audience view,you can see Brian on the left,in the front row, where we were.My wife watched it last night and saw what we went through,so she wasn't worried how long I was gone.She does worry about me,even though she wouldn't confess to it!

For those of you who want to watch it. I will be getting the video from John soon and will be posting on Youtube as well. Can't wait to see it myself.

Mike
When you goin to come over and show me how to use my computer so I can do those fancy Hi-tech things,like cutting and pasteing.

johnnyd74

imported post

at the very end of meeting....doug and i were outside talking...then out walked scott stevens who is asst council secretary

we had a very good talk with him

he said he was going to talk with dwyer(police commish)and get back too me.

i e-maild him that night and he said he was going to speak with dwyer 2nite.(wed)

he said he would get back with me after, as of right now he has not! i do believe he will and will let you all know the outcome!!!

if the out come is not ok....i will post all the council members and city atty. e-mails and phone numbers..we will have to call and e-mail them to get the city ord. changed.

mr stevens said he will talk to the city atty. after he talks with dwyer and take care of this! only time will tell?

but im on this like a fat kid and cake...lol

FatboyCykes

imported post

PDinDetroit wrote:
DrTodd wrote:
FatboyCykes wrote:
For those interested, looks like Commissioner Dwyer could use some prayers.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2009/10/warren_police_chiefs_son_buste.html
I like his response; it appears he is saying that he will not even talk with his son... severe "black/white" response if he really means that he won't even TALK to his son. Apparently pretty much how he deals with OCers too.

Chief Dwyer:
"We were hopeful," he said. "We pray and we hope for the best, which is about all you can do with a disease like this. We have been supportive over the years, but he knew that if he was using drugs he was not going to have any contact with us."
I get a different read from this, probably from my experiences (I have 20+ Years Clean/Sober). I see that they have have been supportive over multiple years time, which means that they have indeed talked with their son (see bold text above). There comes a time when you must cut-off contact from those who do not want the help as a way to protect yourself and your family. Addicts hurt the ones closest to themselves first by manipulating them endless ways, lying about wanting to get better, and stealing whatever is not nailed down for the next "road-trip" (family is less likely to press charges). They are not trustworthy when they have gone to this level - driving a getaway car, fleeing/eluding police, and being caught with crack (not a "recreational drug" as it were).

Recovery is not for people who NEED it, it is for people who WANT it. My only hope is that the Police Chief's son HITS BOTTOM HARD ENOUGH TO STOP HIM FROM DIGGING FURTHER.

(edited for spelling).
After marrying an addict in recovery, all I can say is, well said PD. I honestly didn't post that for any other reason that it seems his family really could use the prayers of those of us who pray. I wasn't trying to throw any fuel on the fire or poke fun at Dwyer. It's got to be a horrible situation that he's in with his son, and I too hope his son's rock bottom isn't a casket or worse.

FatboyCykes

imported post

Act 267 of 1976

OPEN MEETINGS ACT
Act 267 of 1976
AN ACT to require certain meetings of certain public bodies to be open to the public; to require notice and the keeping of minutes of meetings; to provide for enforcement; to provide for invalidation of governmental decisions under certain circumstances; to provide penalties; and to repeal certain acts and parts of acts.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(5j...page=GetObject&objectname=mcl-Act-267-of-1976

At first glance I don't see anything requiring public participation to be first.