• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Warren City Square meetup

Michigander

imported post

Giving credit where it's due, they seem to have begun to correct the problems of the past. They haven't made the situation right by a damn sight, but I don't believe that the warren PD has bothered any OCers lately.

Not that they'd have wanted to today anyway, we were basically there in a large group, and even if they wanted to start trouble, it would have been the wrong place at the wrong time. With about a dozen of us, many of course with recorders, and dozens and dozens more people there for the farmers market, illegal harassment would have been too idiotic to even consider.

I almost got the idea they were purposely staying out of the area since they knew we were there.

PDinDetroit

imported post

Michigander wrote:
Giving credit where it's due, they seem to have begun to correct the problems of the past. They haven't made the situation right by a damn sight, but I don't believe that the warren PD has bothered any OCers lately.

Not that they'd have wanted to today anyway, we were basically there in a large group, and even if they wanted to start trouble, it would have been the wrong place at the wrong time. With about a dozen of us, many of course with recorders, and dozens and dozens more people there for the farmers market, illegal harassment would have been too idiotic to even consider.

I almost got the idea they were purposely staying out of the area since they knew we were there.
+1. I am hoping that things are changing with the Warren PD Situation. Only time will tell.

It was great to meet some of you in person finally (other than Generaldet).

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

PDinDetroit wrote:
Michigander wrote:

+1. I am hoping that things are changing with the Warren PD Situation. Only time will tell.

It was great to meet some of you in person finally (other than Generaldet).
So, it wasn't great to see me again? lol j/k

Glad to see a nice turnout today, a few more than I expected. Had a great lunch at the coney with everyone and some good conversation. Looking forward to seeing you all again soon at some future events.

Haman J.T.

imported post

Michigander wrote:

You must remember the words spoken to me that " we don't mind your picnics and get togethers but just walking down the street ( alone), you're only asking for trouble and it will end up the same way every time if someone calls about you"!

I continue to walk alone,prepared, in order to educate,and I believe thats the only thing they have a problem with in their OPINION,which is not the law. I will continue to exercise my freedom and rights as I would in my every day life,with no fear of causing someone ,who is ignorant of our rights and laws,a problem. Our citizens must know the truth. I am willing to practice what I preach,and that is the truth! Carry on, Semper Fi!

Haman J.T.

imported post

thekunk47 wrote:
Jeff,

If you ever need someone to walk with,my time is my own.I hope your litigation is moving forward.

George
We'll work out something soon.

Michigander

imported post

thekunk47 wrote:
Jeff,

If you ever need someone to walk with,my time is my own.I hope your litigation is moving forward.

George

I both walk and jog regularly, and I'm more than willing to go to warren to take walks with you guys.