• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Washburn County Self Defense shooting

LafayetteFriends

Gentle View of Mike

I am not from the beautiful area of Sarona. I live in Lafayette Louisiana. My family and I had the great pleasure of meeting Mike Elliott back in 2007. My wife and I have a daughter who was 5 and a son who was 10 at the time that Mike entered our lives. He had ventured out of the Sarona area to work in the Oilfield in Louisiana. He actually worked at my office, and I was a little intimidated by Mike at first, he was Big and built like a Bear. My wife and I knew that he did not know anybody in the area, so we asked him over for dinner. Soon there after Mike was a regular guest at our house, eating and sometimes sleeping over, eventhough he had his own place to stay. To my wife and I, Mike was like a brother, and our kids called him UNCLE MIKE. The time that he spent in Lafayette was filled with good times. We would goto Airshows and take the Jeep. He would take the kids and my wife and i would drive our Truck. My kids loved Mike. Mike would sometimes keep the kids while me and my wife went out for dinner. I can see how people would think that he was a trouble maker, but his 2 years that he was in our lives, he never got into any trouble. Well there was one time when his Jeep would not start while he was out, and he opted to walk home, this was in the winter time, so he decided to pick a brick up and throw it through a window of a business. The police show up, and find Mike inside freezing. They asked him what he was doing. Mike replied" SURVIVAL INSTINCT". He just wanted to warm up. That is only time that the police were involved in Mike's life in Lafayette. Mike left Lafayette in October of 2009 to be with his family in Sarona. He was helping around the farm, while his father was recovering from health issues. We threatened to visit Mike and his family, but kept pushing things back. We finally did visit Sarona, We said our last goodbyes to Mike. Some people do not put thought about what happens to themselves in the afterlife. I am not the average person and I do believe in God, and I know in my heart that I will go to Heaven and I will see Mike on the other side.