• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WCI Chairman Nik Clark and Madison Police Chief Noble Wray on Wisconsin Eye

FMJ45

Nice Job Nik.

One question, If you filed an ORR for the 911 call, how come the police did not give you the info on the 2nd call?
Seems to me they are in violation of the Open Records Law by not disclosing that info to you.

Ok, two questions. We no through experience that these departments do not learn anything unless you take their money. Why is WCI only going after attorney fees? Feel free to respond in a PM if you like. I am just curious.
Seems to me that if you don't hit them where it hurts they will just continue with the same behavior until someone does.

Where it hurts will end up being on the tax role. The penalty will eventually show up on an expense account and go unnoticed w/o constant FIOA requests or attendance at monthly P&F Committee meetings.

FMJ45

But if WCI has submitted an Open Records Request then that 2nd call should have been included in that information whether it was made through the 911 system or not as it is related to the same incident. Therefore, the MPD is in violation of the federal law.

If there is no information, the Chief Wray is lying and this should be exploited to the media so everyone knows the truth. Seems he isn't very "Noble " is he? Guess he is afraid people like his son may be out there carrying guns.

It could be that the original request was to specific on the incident and the 2nd call was excluded. But, as you said, if the request was timely and somewhat general in it's nature, all communications should have been included with the 1st call tape or transcript.

On that note, when requesting records, the terms "but not limited to" can help with secondary communications or notations involved with an incident.

Those terms can also make lawyers take the stance of "I am not sure what _exactly_ it is you're looking for", which tends to make a request linger for quite some time with banter.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
It could be that the original request was to specific on the incident and the 2nd call was excluded. But, as you said, if the request was timely and somewhat general in it's nature, all communications should have been included with the 1st call tape or transcript.

Now I'm going to forget where I read it, perhaps it was the Cap-Times article today where the police indicate the call came in "after" the incident from a guy who was in the restaurant and decided to leave because he was uncomfortable.

Sounds to me like a guy who was there, didn't approve, but didn't say anything, got home, saw the news reports and called police to say "oh by the way I was bothered".

The police did go back the next day and spend lots of resources trying to drum up enough info to support what THEY think should be a DC citation.

FMJ45

This Chief is an Idiot. He really has no understanding of the law. What is his background?

I like to refer to them as Village Idiots, though some see that term as being "mean spirited" and "angry." And I have no problem with being called angry because some group of Village Idiots get elected and write ordinances blindly because they can with no regard to decorum or process.

Call the spade a spade, a pile of crap a pile of crap, and a village idiot the village idiot.

As Ted Nugent says . . . stop me when I lie!

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
This Chief is an Idiot. What is his background?

This Chief is an Idiot. He really has no understanding of the law. What is his background?

http://badgerherald.com/wiki/Noble_Wray
EXCERPT said:
Born in 1960, Wray grew up poor in Milwaukee, Wisconsin during an era when police were a menacing presence for poor black people. The seventh of 10 children raised by Catholic parents, he lived across the street from St. Boniface Church, ground zero for Milwaukee's turbulent civil rights movement. The brutality he witnessed made him resent law enforcement. http://www.thedailypage.com/isthmus/article.php?article=4634

As a teenager, the first wave of Chicago street gangs arrived, which prompted Wray's parents to secure him a place at a boarding school in northern Wisconsin.

Following high school Wray attended UW-Milwaukee where he intended to pursue a political science major, until he switched into criminal justice instead. He graduated from the college and received a bachelor of science in criminal justice. After college, Wray briefly worked at a liquor store until at age 23 and married, he filed an application at the Madison Police Department. He was then hired in 1984, and has been employed with the MPD ever since.

The Daily Page article, from 2006, suggests that Halloween is his major challenge. Heh heh heh. Another tukhus - תחת taḥath to spar with.

Last edited:

rcav8r

If his family was poor, how did they afford boarding school?? (didn't read the whole thing, BTW).
Poor is a state of mind. Poverty is real.

M

McX

I like to refer to them as Village Idiots, though some see that term as being "mean spirited" and "angry." And I have no problem with being called angry because some group of Village Idiots get elected and write ordinances blindly because they can with no regard to decorum or process.

Call the spade a spade, a pile of crap a pile of crap, and a village idiot the village idiot.

As Ted Nugent says . . . stop me when I lie!

the 'Nuge also says: the good people are forced to do damage control,for the bad people's failure in quality control.