• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WCI members must be united!

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I have to agree, it was a good write up, but, too comprehensive, looking at it from your point of view, if I was a representative and received the letter like this from everyone, I probably wouldn’t give it much weight either, makes sense. I enjoy writing and I get carried away sometimes. At the very least it was informative. Constructive criticism always accepted no problem here. When I speak to my representative, and discover he or she is for Constitutional carry, I will definitely pass it on.
Carry On
Cowboyridn

Hey, i can relate about writing too much/wanting to put the most comprehensive statement possible together! lol.

There is good data in there. People should read your letter, not for the purpose of cutting and pasting it and sending it to their rep, BUT for ideas about pieces/talking points they could bring up when they do talk to them.

Last edited:
M

McX

hey now, let's not be bustin on cut and paste, that's the only damn thing i know how to do with these fancy machines! har-har!

LOERetired

Hey, i can relate about writing too much/wanting to put the most comprehensive statement possible together! lol.

There is good data in there. People should read your letter, not for the purpose of cutting and pasting it and sending it to their rep, BUT for ideas about pieces/talking points they could bring up when they do talk to them.

Good idea, reps relate to the legal language

M

McX

because of the disruptions, and demands for refunds from Wiscarry, i'm digging into my pocket personally, and increasing the donation level from my shop, i urge all loyal members to do the same.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
because of the disruptions, and demands for refunds from Wiscarry, i'm digging into my pocket personally, and increasing the donation level from my shop, i urge all loyal members to do the same.

We really appreciate your consistent support McX. It may sound odd to say this, but I don't want people to bend over backwards to funnel money towards WCI, I know times are tough for lots of people and WCI has had exceptional growth and we are REALLY well funded. Of course those funds can disappear fast with legal costs with these lawsuits, but I know we can count on our members when we have a time of need and ask for money if we need it.

I'd rather you guys keep your money in your pocket and be ready to help if we have another lawsuit or another specific need than us keep it in the WCI reserve account.

We CAN always use more people in the movement. And I know you guys already do this on a daily basis, but talk with your friends, associates, etc encourage them to exercise their rights and get involved. Join WCI if wanted so we continue to grow the network.

But as for $. If we ever need people to dig in, we'll ask!

Carry On!

wrightme

There is nothing in Heller to suggest the SCOTUS was making any ruling concerning licensing. Following is a quote from Heller.

." The Court, additionally, hinted that other remedy might be available in the form of eliminating the license requirement for carry in the home, but that no such relief had been requested: "Respondent conceded at oral argument that he does not 'have a problem with . . . licensing' and that the District's law is permissible so long as it is 'not enforced in an arbitrary and capricious manner.' Tr. of Oral Arg. 74–75. We therefore assume that petitioners' issuance of a license will satisfy respondent’s prayer for relief and do not address the licensing requirement."
Yes. It is commonly mispresented that the Heller opinion supported restrictions. That is far from the case. Heller did NOT opine on such, as is clearly shown by your cite. Thank you. :)

M

McX

We really appreciate your consistent support McX. It may sound odd to say this, but I don't want people to bend over backwards to funnel money towards WCI, I know times are tough for lots of people and WCI has had exceptional growth and we are REALLY well funded. Of course those funds can disappear fast with legal costs with these lawsuits, but I know we can count on our members when we have a time of need and ask for money if we need it.

I'd rather you guys keep your money in your pocket and be ready to help if we have another lawsuit or another specific need than us keep it in the WCI reserve account.

We CAN always use more people in the movement. And I know you guys already do this on a daily basis, but talk with your friends, associates, etc encourage them to exercise their rights and get involved. Join WCI if wanted so we continue to grow the network.

But as for $. If we ever need people to dig in, we'll ask!

Carry On!

Sorry Nic, i already mailed my extra donation, and if i want a refund i'll go to k-mart!

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
I have to agree with McX!

It is disheartening to see people asking for their "donations" back.

A donation is a donation, not something you can ask for a refund for from "K-Mart" or any other place a tangible product was purchased.

I too will continue to donate. Thanks for the inspiration McX!