• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Weapons in the Woods

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

peter nap wrote:
snip.....
timid woodland friends including having to take the 21 shot Rabies series long, long ago...
Been there too - Semple Method 14 shot anti-rabies, three inch needle in the abdomen, 10% mortality from the series, 50% mortality if needed a second time.

Fortunately, new serums have been developed.

Never found out if I was a carrier or not. :cool:

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
peter nap wrote:
snip.....
timid woodland friends including having to take the 21 shot Rabies series long, long ago...
Been there too - Semple Method 14 shot anti-rabies, three inch needle in the abdomen, 10% mortality from the series, 50% mortality if needed a second time.

Yata hey
I got 2 a day for 7 days and one a day for another 7 days. The stuff was as thick as cold honey.

I was sick for 6 months from that.
A fox bit me in the knee while I was saving Boy Scouts (according to the newspaper:lol:)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

peter nap wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
peter nap wrote:
snip.....

Yata hey
I got 2 a day for 7 days and one a day for another 7 days. The stuff was as thick as cold honey.

I was sick for 6 months from that.
A fox bit me in the knee while I was saving Boy Scouts (according to the newspaper:lol:)
Air Force flew the serum in from somewhere.

One per day for 14 days - needle about the size of wooden pencil lead - burned like hell.

Mom bribed me with a new bike after the doctor had to pull me out from under his huge sofa on the second day. Was good deal.

Yata hey

MSC 45ACP

imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
MSC 45ACP wrote:
Of course there are cougars in our area. They tend to move when their habitat gets scarce from new construction. They're even getting closer to urban areas... http://www.urbancougar.com/
HAHAHa! You got me on that one Mike! :lol:
Craig, you're getting old, my Friend. That took you 40 minutes to figure out... Heheheh. :cool:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

AbNo wrote:
Here's a question no one has asked: Why the HELL would I want to keep my STREET smarts in the forest? :uhoh:

Depends on your definition of "Street Smarts".:D

It is always better to enter a game field over-gunned than under-gunned.

Elmer Keith

The King:celebrate

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

AbNo wrote:
What I'm saying is that street-smarts are for more urban areas.
You need a modified skill set for the woods.
I know AbNo..I was making fun of the writer.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Abno, you'll have to forgive Peter. He hides his impish grin behind a brush pile. :)

Although it is a very refined brush pile. :D

Yata hey