• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Well, I pissed off a cop

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
A vast majority of the user/members here take the wisdom and council quite seriously IMO. Do they occassionally foray into the humor-zone - every now and then.

A very small minority are cute, attempt to be funny or sarcastic with many of their posts. They earn a reputation quickly enough. It helps to know the history of a poster.

Whether newbie or ol' hand on this forum, all have been cautioned that they are responsible for their own decisions.

"All advice posted on this forum should be considered nothing more than hearsay. Even if a poster identifies themselves as an attorney, law enforcement official or expert in a given field, there is no way to verify that fact or that they are correct. Therefore, any and all advice you glean from this forum should be independently verified!"

"A very small minority are cute, attempt to be funny or sarcastic with many of their posts. They earn a reputation quickly enough."

You might want to add to that the ones that are deliberately sarcastic and abrasive know-it-alls who love nothing more than to irritate and be argumentative. We certainly have our share of them.

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion
I will admit to being at times deliberately sarcastic, but I vigorously deny being one of the "abrasive know-it-alls who love nothing more than to irritate and be argumentative."

ETA: I will also admit to post on certain threads labeled with names of States different from the one I reside in.

Last edited:

papa bear

I'd love to hear user's response to this bit of "advice."

These leavings are all over OCDO. I am really afraid that somebody is gonna take one of these drive-bys seriously, follow that "advice," and end up in jail--or worse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

exactly what would they end up in jail for, especially in VA?