• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Went to the NRA range today

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Jim Thorpe wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
Tap and rack thread

Watch the video in that thread on how to clear your pistol.

This guy is great!! He kind of lost me when he started talking about bacon and french fries, but what a riot.

By the way, his type two or type three - the one in which you have to cartridges in the chamber - is exactly my problem. I cleared it the same way he did, albeit much slower! Suffice it to say, in a gunfight I would be toast.
Most gunfights are one-on-one. Make the first shot count...