• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Westland meeting?

Jblack44

imported post

I will do my best to make it! I may have my oldest son with me, since it's my weekend to have him.

So how will I recognize everyone? Will you all be wearing alapel pin or something?? ;):p:lol:

Radioman

imported post

I have a feeling that it will be easy to find the group. Just get to the parking lot a little early and watch for the armed folks walking in. Thats my plan anyways. So long as work doesn't get in the way I'll see you folks for a nice lunch on Sunday. Then go shoot an IPSC Match. Sounds like a heck of a plan to me.

Actually if you guys see someone in a car that looks like it belongs on a sci-fi set or maybe is resembling a pincushion comeon over and introduce yourselves if I miss ya.

Radioman

khicks

imported post

I was there. this was my first time open carrying and was real nervous about it. as i sat in my car waiting for some one else to show up my heart was beating real fast and had butter fly's. this was all i needed now was to have an encounter with the local police. that did not happen, we had an enjoyable time i do plan on going to the next local get together

Jblack44

imported post

We never did get our LEO discount!!:pIt was good to finally get out anc OC for the first time. Very uneventful :)It was great to put some names to faces. Looking forward to the next outing that I can make!

Michigander

imported post

Jblack44 wrote:
We never did get our LEO discount!!:pIt was good to finally get out anc OC for the first time. Very uneventful :)It was great to put some names to faces. Looking forward to the next outing that I can make!

Yeah, that was funny when they asked where we worked, implying we were cops. I've never had that happen before. :lol:

The easiest one to make it to is the one you arrange yourself. ;)

bb

imported post

good to see some faces again, had my son with me so didn't oc. look forward to next local one.

Michigander

imported post

DanM wrote:
bossbart wrote:
...had my son with me so didn't oc...
Reason?

I think it's important for everyone to always remember that if you don't feel like OCing, you shouldn't. At an event, the other people there are going to make more than sure that you don't need to defend yourself, and plus, some people need to build up confidence, so they'd like to see others do it before they try it. Some people don't even do it at all, but support us by posting and talking to others. It's all good. :)

DanM

imported post

Michigander wrote:
DanM wrote:
bossbart wrote:
...had my son with me so didn't oc...
Reason?

I think it's important for everyone to always remember that if you don't feel like OCing, you shouldn't....
I agree. Bossbart, I'm just asking the question out of curiousity to your particular circumstances you allude to, with there being a connection between OC'ing and being with your son.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

My daughter (7 yrs old) and son (5 yrs old) are surprised when I do conceal it. I guess they are just used to seeing me w/ a pistol on my hip. :)

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

bossbart wrote:
good to see some faces again, had my son with me so didn't oc. look forward to next local one.
Kids need to see law abiding people OCing. We need to break the media and school bias against guns.