• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What city/town & how long did it take?

John F

Sweet! They are quick..i got mine there fast years ago and know other people that have too...1-2 weeks..I forgot the officer who does them but he is great.

Well I'm jealous! lol. It's been 5 weeks for myself today to the day and the money orders I submitted for my background checks still haven't even been cashed. Congrats to you sir

MowerMan73

Montville. 4 months of waiting. Ultimately had two sitdowns with the mayor, who was a great help, to finally get the Lt. to push it through.

gluegun

Well I'm jealous! lol. It's been 5 weeks for myself today to the day and the money orders I submitted for my background checks still haven't even been cashed. Congrats to you sir

Sounds like they haven't transmitted your fingerprints to the state then. Local issuing authorities have 5 days after receiving your fingerprints to transmit them to the state. The state is more than happy to take your money promptly, so not having the check cashed suggests that they haven't transmitted the prints to the state.

Within the past month DPS has said that there is NO backlog on background checks. I think you need to make some calls and find out what's going on with your application.

http://ccdl.us/resources/permit-issues/115-permits-to-carry-time-mandates

Last edited:

John F

Sounds like they haven't transmitted your fingerprints to the state then. Local issuing authorities have 5 days after receiving your fingerprints to transmit them to the state. The state is more than happy to take your money promptly, so not having the check cashed suggests that they haven't transmitted the prints to the state.

Within the past month DPS has said that there is NO backlog on background checks. I think you need to make some calls and find out what's going on with your application.

http://ccdl.us/resources/permit-issues/115-permits-to-carry-time-mandates

Today is actually the end of week 8. I did call the records department this morning and asked if they had any information or if it was ready to which there answer was: "If you haven't gotten a call from us it's not ready yet; sometimes it takes longer than 8 weeks."

Would it be wise to start an appeal or would I better of just giving them more time? Since my last post my money orders for background checks have been cashed, unfortunately according to People's bank they don't have the capacity to tell me what day they were cashed on, just that they were. And I got fingerprinted the day I handed in my app.

zipsil

Avon CT

Dropped off permit 8/16/10
Mandatory Interview for permit with PD 9/13/10
Temp permit received 11/15/10

zipsil

Glad you got it but there is NO mandatory interview required.

I know, but it was clear that they weren't going to give it to me unless I did what they said, heck they didn't even follow their own procedure that came with a letter when I picked up my application.

JG7470

It took me 12 weeks for Monroe. I had to place calls to expedite around week 9. My cousin in Newtown got his in 2 weeks!!!

KIX

I know, but it was clear that they weren't going to give it to me unless I did what they said, heck they didn't even follow their own procedure that came with a letter when I picked up my application.

Agreed, even though most towns do it though.

i was surprised, my mother went a couple weeks ago, dropped everything off (in Meriden), finger prints and all and that was it. I asked her how the interview went, she said "what interview, I have to go back?".

I was surprised when she said they did the prints, pictures and all..... especially for Meriden.

Jonathan

misty

Chief Custer and the members of the Rocky Hill Police Department know the laws pertaining to Pistol Permits as does Wethersfield.

I live in Rocky Hill and submitted my application in the first week of November last year. I got no call or anything. I called last week and they said they are waiting for the fed background check to come in. It has been nearly 20 weeks. Is it worth it to go through the appeal process with Rocky Hill or wait it out??

FlyAndFix

First post.

Submitted (application) to Manchester, CT on 03-05-2011. I was told, "ten to twelve weeks".