• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What did we do wrong?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
He's there most likely to qualify the business for lower insurance rates. Other than to serve as a deterrent, I suspect his employer has a low expectation of performance, and I seriously doubt the business morally feels the need to "protect" those passing through their doors. I'm sure you know most of the post you quoted was just statist rhetoric delivered with theatrics.

Excellent addition, yes!

I will say I actually relatively like Primus so far. I think more of his posts are meaningful than any other LEO (including former) we have here. And there are lots of ways to take that, and I refuse to specify.

Remember that the "brainwashers" themselves have been "brainwashed" into teaching it.

Primus

Excellent addition, yes!

I will say I actually relatively like Primus so far. I think more of his posts are meaningful than any other LEO (including former) we have here. And there are lots of ways to take that, and I refuse to specify.

Remember that the "brainwashers" themselves have been "brainwashed" into teaching it.

I appreciate that Mac. I'm glad you can see that I do try and post meaningful things and at least attempt to defend any of my opinions or ideas.

As far as the "brainwashing" portion, all I can say is I'll be the first to admit I'm biased. I've said that before. This bias comes from knowing that law enforcement is truly a unique field. It takes takes some experience in it to realize how the other "side" is. When you actually have to deal with people trying to harm you or others, see the victims of violence in person (not on TV or the internet), and a million other things we do, you develop a different view of things.

That view is definitely not always right or more important then any others. Its just different.

All I try to do is provide the other side if and when I can. Its easy to get 5 dudes in a room and bash something they've never done or even seen ( warrants come to mind along with dealing with armed individuals). Just because all 5 agree doesn't mean they are right.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

eye95

He's there most likely to qualify the business for lower insurance rates. Other than to serve as a deterrent, I suspect his employer has a low expectation of performance, and I seriously doubt the business morally feels the need to "protect" those passing through their doors. I'm sure you know most of the post you quoted was just statist rhetoric delivered with theatrics.

Actually, most likely NOT! Unless the lower insurance rates save more money than the personnel costs involved in having the armed guard--which are significantly more than just his wages.

The enterprise probably made a business decision that took into account many factors, only one of which was reduced insurance rates, which despite implied objections, is a perfectly valid consideration.

MyWifeSaidYes

As for Primus being an OC'er, as mentioned in an earlier post...

Posted by Primus on 10-27-13 at 10:26pm

...I carry 99% of the time when I'm out of the house but it's always concealed...

...This OC thing is a new concept to me but I like to expand ideas and learn where I can...

Primus-

What kind of work do you do right now?

I ask because you have been a member of this forum for 66 days and already have 1074 posts. That's over 16 posts each and every day.

If you have a life, you must have a job where you've got time to kill.

Just curious.

Last edited:

Primus

As for Primus being an OC'er, as mentioned in an earlier post...

Posted by Primus on 10-27-13 at 10:26pm

Primus-

What kind of work do you do right now?

I ask because you have been a member of this forum for 66 days and already have 1074 posts. That's over 16 posts each and every day.

If you have a life, you must have a job where you've got time to kill.

Just curious.

Notice the posts are on my phone ? Its magic. It takes about 5 seconds to post this. So 5 seconds per 16 posts per day equals...... 80 seconds a day ...... damn no life.

I stand by that. The of thing Is new to me. When I'm at stores or out and about I carry concealed. When I go to range or to and from work its in my Serpa holster.

stealthyeliminator

Notice the posts are on my phone ? Its magic. It takes about 5 seconds to post this. So 5 seconds per 16 posts per day equals...... 80 seconds a day ...... damn no life.

I stand by that. The of thing Is new to me. When I'm at stores or out and about I carry concealed. When I go to range or to and from work its in my Serpa holster.

Well, that explains the quality control issues.

Edit: I joke :lol:

Last edited: