• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What do you do for a living?

viperar15

imported post

Network Administrator - 130 Branches, WAN/LAN/VMWare/SAN/DBs/Linux/Windows
Financial Instituion

Northern Productions - Owner
Sound & Lighting Reinforcement/Rentals
Small Events (Clubs, Fairs, Festivals, Private, Corporate)to Small & Medium Sized Concerts

Tewlbox

imported post

Now you guys are going to make me take a pic and show off the crap-box I drive. Im driving for CTII and will try to post a pic... if I can get the camera not to break!

.... and good luck to all of you Michigan Early Doe Season hunters!!!!!!!!! :celebrate

Veritas

imported post

Ah... since we're posting pictures of what we do for a living, allow me to impart an image of my own:

house_of_cards.jpg

I think this aptly summarizes the financial condition of America.

qqq1

imported post

I do computer repair, in home and in shop. Wish my boss would let me OC or at least CC when I go out. Haven't had any problems yet with violent in home service jobs but have had several customers who were clearly nuts. Wouldn't have been surprised to see them go from laughing to crying to babbling on about the bad men in their computer to them coming at me with a knife.

DJ_Amish

imported post

I worked in law enforcement and corrections for about 10 yrs. got burnt out on the politics and bull. Now I work as a nurse, and back to school for my degree in mental health. I have also done computer repair. A+ and network certified. I have in the past taught self defense on campus. I also used to do video and photography for local bands and company's for promos and marketing. I have also been a DJ for a few yrs and at one time had college night show. I have a lot of hobbies and things to keep me busy :)

B

Bikenut

imported post

Retired from GM after 30 years of hot, stinky, noisy, mindlessly shoving parts around only to discover that the money I invested in my pension is now considered a "resource" for the government.

Not only that but I've discovered that some folks think a "pension" is free money never understanding that the money that went into that pension fund was part of my wages... wages I didn't get in my paycheck because instead of giving that portion to me by the week the company kept it and invested it for me... invested it in a pension fund.

There is no difference between wages not paid to me and invested by the company for me.... and being paid those wages and investing them myself. It is still MY money and not a freebie!!

Ok... sorry... I'll quit ranting.... been watching the news too much lately I guess.

Anyway... my full time job now is:

pestering Judy as much as I can so I can live up to her nickname for me of "Brat".:D

manicdevery

imported post

First off I loved reading the range of jobs that all have similar interest in this forum.

now as for me i am a proffesional small grade epidermusimplant perfectionist. . . in short, i am a body piercer at a Tattoo shop. Fun Job. Check out my Website www.PrimoPiercings.com

Devery