• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What ID/info must be provided to LEO during a stop?

Tawnos

imported post

bugly wrote:
Not really, check through the posts and look at how the responses have been. It's been "I wouldn't give them any information" "they don't have the right to ask".... yada yada. Tough guys that usually pee themselves when the first shot is fired.
I personally wouldn't go into battle with any of those guys, they obviously could use some real "old fashioned" military discipline. Try copping that attitude in a foxhole.
I'm finished battling wits with unarmed opponents in this thread. Good day to you all, hope you have some good luck with your attitudes, some day you might grow up.
Seriously, you're going to have to pull sources. I just reread the thread, and the only "tough guy" (well, quasi tough guy, mostly pissed at the blatant and admitted breaking of the law by a supposed law enforcement officer) post was by me, calling Johnny Law a douche for arresting someone for not showing papers. You'll note that I am a person who has had a couple encounters with police, both here and in California. In no case did I ever provide identification, and in both I was let go with no charges filed nor any issue raised.

Basically, the only one who is truly acting the part of "internet tough guy" here is you. You've made disparaging comments regarding the maturity ("grow up and act right" & "some day you might grow up"), actions under pressure ("usually pee themselves"), while excusing yourself from similar behavior ("screw 'em, I wouldn't give him the time of day"), and other such indications of the ITG profile. The only thing the rest of us have said is that we have a right to be secure in our persons and papers, and that any attempt to infringe upon that will be met with stonewalling. Why is that such a problem for you?