• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What if I was injured in school zone, public building etc...

Jack House

imported post

I agree with the judge. If you deny someone the tools required to adequately defend themselves should the need arise, you should be held responsible for their safety. Especially if it's like the city of Chicago or something and/or there is a situation like the one mentioned in New York.

XD40coyote

imported post

In regards to workplaces, the state of MD only cares for the top bosses. In one building in Baltimore city, some top officials have offices, so there are armed guards in the lobby and I assume at the places on the top floor where the gov't VIP's have their offices. However, there is no metal detector to go through or wanding done in the lobby. Crazy people sometimes have beefs with some state dept's, such as assessments and taxation or transportation. Some of these depts are in this building, but they have no armed guards at thier offices like the VIP's probably do. There is nothing to stop some nut from illegaly CCing and going to one of these offices to shoot the place up. The guards will take 2-3 minutes at best to get up there.

There is a building in Baltimore county that houses state dept's offices, and they have basicaly NO security, at least not armed. These offices at one time where located in the courthouse, which does have armed guards and metal detectors.

The whole school zones thing has me in a tizzy too, and post offices. What country/nation am I in again? And people think we are "gun kooks" when we carry? Is this country called the United States of Baaaaa?